Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jucas, Jun 11, 2004.

1. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    So, a friend of mine has a band in this, and they won for BC, and are trying to get the most votes in North America. I figured I'd try to help em out by posting it here and spreading the word somewhat.

If you have a spare minute, go to http://battle.ernieball.com and vote for LUDO (Canada).

There's some songs on there you can download if you're interested. And f you really want,i could probly get their web adress.

Thanks, I'm sure they'll appreciate every vote they can get.

(If this should be in off topic, sorry)

2. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    My old band was in that a few years back. We got super screwed though. One of the "competitions" we were in was at a music store and all of the bands were pretty good except this one god awful metal band full of 45 year old men. But they were employees of the store and the judges were employees of the store. Guess who won? The only judge that wasn't a store employee was a radio dj and he came up to us and said that we were clearly the most talented but that he overheard them saying that no matter what they were voting for their friends. It turned out the only vote not for them was one vote for us by the dj. I was so pissed.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oh, and it says:

Voting will begin 6/25/04.

4. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Yeah, i kind of forgot to mention the art about voting staritng on June 25th.

And thanks for checking it out

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, you can count on a vote from me after June 25th.

6. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Just thought I'd bump this up here now that its a bit closer to the date.

Sorry for the shameless flogging of this, but I figure you have to help a friend however you can.