1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Ernie Ball EBMM Caprice - Heritage Tobacco Burst w/Rosewood - Beautiful!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xnewyorka, Jul 16, 2019.

1. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Owner, John Fox Bass Inactive Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Dealer for Adamovic, Alleva-Coppolo, Bergantino, Dingwall, Richter, Skjold
    Price:
    Strings:
    Near mint MusicMan Caprice
    • Alder body finished in Heritage Tobacco Burst
    • Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
    • Action is nice and low, easy and even, no buzzing anywhere
    • Plays great, sounds fantastic!
    • Weight: 8 lbs. 9 oz.
    • Excellent overall condition, frets are in great shape. No dings or dents. Minor surface scratches / "swirl marks" in the pickguard just from playing it a bit that are tough to photograph. I managed to catch it just right in one of the last 2 photos, and the other photo of the same area shows how the lines disappear without the light hitting the pickguard at exactly the correct angle.
    • Includes original case in perfect condition with all case candy
    The Caprice series is a workhorse bass that is capable of blending two distinct pickup voicings. It offers a variety of tones suitable for any musical genre. The compact offset design provides a body shape that is comfortable, balanced and on the lighter side of bass weight. Also features a slim neck profile that makes this bass a pleasure to play. The top-loading bridge is made from hardened steel and complemented by a newly designed oversized headstock with the familiar 3+1 tuner arrangement.

$1,275 plus ACTUAL shipping to ConUS via the carrier of your choice (FedEx or UPS preferred.)
    Only ships to USA only due to rosewood content.

Sorry, no trades.

20190715_192352.jpg 20190715_192420.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  2. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    These are great Bass'es If I hadn't ponied up for a Sadowsky I would still have mine!

3. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Sadowskys are great basses too - congrats!
    But there is a lot to be said for the elegant simplicity of a passive bass, especially one that also sounds and feels as good as it looks. I played this one last night for a couple minutes, and realized it is probably crazy to sell it, it is SOOOO nice.
    But since I also have some other magnificent 4-strings from Skjold, LeFay, Ritter, Fodera, MTD, Vigier, Brubaker, and Warrior, it is just pure hoarding to keep this beauty just sitting here in the case untouched while my wife complains about the number of cases occupying valuable space.

4. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    I saw your Warrior for sale and have been lusting for it.

5. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Yeah, that Warrior I listed and the Skjold Slayer Exotic 4 are the two easiest-to-play basses I have ever encountered in my life. You literally don't even need your right hand to play either of them, other than for plucking the open strings. Go for it! :)

6. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    I just got another HD112 to go with my HD212 so I am tapped out otherwise I would try and figure something out.

7. Original Poser

Original Poser

Nov 24, 2017
    Seattle
    I haven’t come close to playing them all, but the Caprice is one of the best playing basses I have ever played. Love that instrument.

8. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    You are right, I definitely agree with that. And I HAVE played a lot of basses. The overall feel is almost exactly identical to my Ritter R8, which costs more than 6 times as much:

Original Poser likes this.
  9. Original Poser

Original Poser

Nov 24, 2017
    Seattle
    It’s like a boutique instrument on the quality side. Plus that stacked humbucker is really unique sounding. The p pickups are a touch brighter than a traditional p bass, so when put together, it also sounds great for slap in my opinion. To get the traditional p bass sound of a p bass, just roll off the treble. Great passive bass.

10. Zbass82

Zbass82 Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Do these necks play like a Jazz? Specs say 1.5" at the nut but is it beefy front to back? Been thinking of going for a Precision sound but have never been a big fan of a P's playability.

11. Original Poser

Original Poser

Nov 24, 2017
    Seattle
    No, it is more like a jazz neck. The MMCutlass(the Caprice fraternal twin)has a beefy neck with more of a traditional pbass sound. The p pickups on each bass are a touch different. The p pickup on the Caprice is a touch smoother with low mids coming into play, where as the Cutlass p pickups are really about the low end. IMO. Both very cool.

Zbass82 likes this.
  12. Similar but not identical. My first bass ever was a Fender Aerodyne - 4 string Jazz neck; so I've grown comfortable with that feel. I mainly play 5's but I still love that small Jazz 4 string feel - always feels like home to me. Almost bought one of these a year or two ago at GC. They had a shopworn model heavily discounted; it played fairly well, I loved the neck and tone. When I played it - the bass just felt perfectly comfortable and "at home" as soon as I played the first couple of runs on it...seriously nice.

Anyway that one was in desperate need of a setup and the bridge was all jacked up - someone had really boogerd up the setscrews on the saddle elevation. Price was very cheap and in hindsight I should have snatched it up. Now I keep tracking these "for sale threads"... I want to buy one of these.... I just bought a vintage G&L.... but this Caprice looks sweet.

Dont know why Ernie Ball dropped these, such a nice bass.

xnewyorka likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021