Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball HD212 and HD210

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by K Dubbs, Aug 25, 2002.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    I so wish I didn't have to do this, because these cabs sound awesome together. My 130 lb body just can't keep moving these around. The tens (w/ tweeter) are punchy and tight, 50hz-20khz -3dB, 350 rms watts. They've got two speakons and a 1/4 in. 64lbs. Really awesome 210, as good or better than competing high dollar 210's. Ask some of the guys here on TB. AND then there's the 212 cab. A few guys here on TB have been raving about the low end slam of these cabs. 600 watt rms power rating, 40hz-12khz -3dB. One of the best 212 cabs on the market. This thing will handle all the lows u can throw at it, and then some (Madsub uses a subharmonic synth with his...no problem) 95lbs.

I bought these cabs new early June 2002. They've only been to 3 gigs, and i don't push them at all when practicing (the neighbors aren't fond of loud bass apparently) They are in perfect condition other than the corner dadoed joints having a bit of wear since i had the cabs stacked together. I'm looking for $350 for the 212 (ebay's usually at 500+, and bass central has a used one for 525!). For the 210 i'm askin $300 (bass central sells the last of their new EB 210's for 450!)

**If you buy these two cabs together I'll go as low as $600 for both of them! These cabs retail at over 1800 dollars!**

I'm looking for someone near the ohio-michigan-indiana area to buy these cabs, but I'll ship them if necessary. Details can be worked out with interested buyers.

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Are these the ones GC sold for $249 and $299?
    Doc

3. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    when they did their blowout yeah. I upped the price a bit for shipping reasons. Either way, i'm running way under any price to be found on ebay, and under bass central's used price as well. You can't slight me for having gotten a good deal on them when they were new. If you found someone that needed to unload a ferarri at 100 grand, doc, and you bought it, are you sayin that its only fair to resell it at 50k? I don't think so, its worth at least 200k. And again, in this case, the 200k would still be way under what someone would be able to buy the ferarri at from a used dealer.

4. Having owned my two EB-MM HD212's for about as long as you I'd say that even $500 is a wicked deal. Don't let anyone ride you about that price. These cabs are a steal. I push mine with a DBX 120XP, Korg G5bass synth and 1200w Mesa. They still want more.
    I wonder how many of these we'll start seeing up for sale now that maybe the "thrill" has worn off and/or we can no longer seem to convince our bandmates to help us move them at 3am....It's still worth it to me though!
    :p

5. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    madsub, the 3am part hit the nail on the head. Moving the 212 isn't a problem on flat ground. It's going down a flight or two of stairs with it that gets me perturbed. I don't think anybody's gonna bite on this though, so i'll probably end up keepin em for a while. I wonder how many people are thinkin i'm greedy for sellin a bit higher than what i bought just by doc's statement alone.

6. Don't sweat it. These are excellent cabs and a real head-above build wise IMO. I have owned most of the popular brands out there and these cabs are rock solid. Certainly of damn well better construction than my old Eden D212XLT's. I have yet to find a well-built, durable bass cab that is also light as a feather. Besides, it is against the Moderators policy to have someone question the price unless they are making an offer. It is also damn rude. Hang on to your cabs if you have too? They are certainly worth more than what you are charging IMO. i would easily pay $500 a pop after my experiance of gigging them through-out the summer. Exceptional bass gear. If people miss the boat on this then so be it. I think you should charge more.

7. I installed a set of "Trak-lok" Mesa casters on one of my cabs; smooth as buttah! Those are the finest casters money can buy IMO. They attach to the outside of the cab so there are no freaky holes to install. Very fine. Those things will glide over the roughest terrain. Not like those Eden clunkers.

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Mad Subwoofer
    Where did you get those "Trak-lok" Mesa casters? I have one of those heavy HD212 and casters sounds like a good idea.

9. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    madsub, maybe i'll try puttin wheels on the 212. nah haha, i should make some nice plus sign shaped wheels for it. that way i can move it down stairs with out any bump bump bump. (i'm all about the illustrative sound effects)

10. Ummm..from Mesa? You can order them direct. Good stuff.
    :p

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Still available?

Peace
    Nick

12. I think it's totally fair to charge a fair price for your gear regardless of what you paid for it. I've made money several times on my gear and never ripped anyone off. Your prices sound very good and I would love to have that 212 if I had a head to go with it. (I use a combo) Good luck...

13. I'd pay $500 if I had to buy them all over again. Wicked cabs and well worth it.

14. Jari Kurri

Jari Kurri

Jul 24, 2000
    denver, co
    Are these cabs still available?