Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Bass strings ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Godcreep, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Who's using this string set on his bass ? What can you guys tell me about these strings ? (nickel or SS ?) Pro's & Con's ?

Thanx for your replies ! :)

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Ernie ball strings are great. Theyre nickel, not SS. Hybrid is just the name for a certain gauge. Theres also other gauges like super, regular, hybrid, power, etc. Hybrid slinky happens to be 45-105. I use regular, which is heavier at 50-105. Use whatever gauge you want. EB strings sound awesome and feel very good. I have tried Fender, GHS, Elixir, and EB and I like these the most. The only con is that they go dead in about a month (but I practice constantly so YMMV) And the pros are they sound great (as stated above) and they are cheap at ~ $16 a set. Get some man! :D

3. Has anyone tried the 5-string EB slinky bass strings?

I'm thinking of getting a set for my Ibanez BTB 405qm ...

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Yeah, those are awesome too. Same as all other EB strings. And they come with a bitchin' .130 gauge B string. Nice and fat! My brother's friend has them strung on his Stingray 5 and they are great.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I like 'em very much on my Stingray 5. Very bright and they last a while, too.

6. Duff_Man182

Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    i use hybrid slinkys and i think they're great...i also have tried all different strings...d'adarrio slowounds, fenders, and i have 2 stay the ernies sound GREAT! they die out quick though but who cares..they're like 15 bucks a pack

7. I used Hybrid Slinky's. They were great strings. I changed gauges though. I changed the gauge of the E string to 100 instead of the 105. I think the 100 gauge is just easier to play. But it depends how it feels to you. Ernie Ball Slinky's are great strings.

8. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Great tone at an affordable price. I prefer the brightness of stainless steel.

9. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I have SS hybrids...they're pretty sweet, but I've gotta replace 'em soon...they're getting old. :(