1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Leftybass12, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    Hello everyone! I play left handed and I know that EB MM does not as of right now make the Bongo 6 string in a left handed version. Does anyone know why? Also, does EB MM make left handed 6 string basses at all?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I'm sure Ernie and Sterling Ball know why they don't make them.

3. mynan

mynan

Nov 7, 2007
    Grand Haven, MI
    The Bongo is the only 6 string bass that EBMM makes. Usually the availability of a left-handed model is dependent on them being able to sell it in decent quantities. I don't think they would sell many Bongo6 basses in a lefty.

4. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    Thank you. That seems like a very logical explanation...much better than the first response.

5. Yeah even Stan Sargeant plays a righty upside down
    then again he plays its stringed righty too

6. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I looked into buying a six string Bongo and got a reply from Sterling Ball himself. He was gracious but advised that at this time, the costs of setting up the factory to make six string Bongos just wouldn't be worth it as there are so few lefty players who would actually buy one.

Ernie Ball/Musicman offers a stunning array of options for us leftys including SR4's SR5's Sterlings and Bongo 4's and 5's all in any color in the EBMM line! Here is my lefty collection of Balls so far:

EAcabetc068.

7. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    Thank you very much....and btw, nice basses! I'm getting a 4 string stingray soon and sometime next year I'm looking into getting either a 5 string stingray...I really want to have all the basses I use EB MM.

8. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    The lefties on the EBMM Board do seem to say that Music Man gives them a lot more options than the vast majority of other manufacturers. Not a sixer, as was explained above - but a lot of options.

Jack