Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball/Music Man cab closeout at GC!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Just got word that Guitar Center is blowing out the Ernie Ball/Music Man cabs at $299 for the 2x12 and $249 for the 2x10. My local GC only had one 2x10 left, so I bought it and am very impressed, especially for the money. If they'd had another one, I would've bought that too. I didn't really expect a lot from EB/MM in terms of cabs, so I was pleasantly surprised, and at this price, they're a great deal.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Good deal. Is the 210 4 or 8 oms?

3. 8 ohms--they have two Speakon jacks and a 1/4. Sound really nice, especially for the bucks!

4. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I found the GC blowout and purchased an Ernie Ball MUSICMAN HD212 cab for $300. It is a 2x12 with non-adjustable tweeter and is 600watts/8ohms. This cab sounds awesome and has a great low mid emphasis...BUT, when I got down to low G and beyond on my 4-string, the cab really starts to distort to the point that speaker failure wouldn't be too far away. I was really impressed with the tone and wish that the cab could handle the lows as well as it handles the mids. Not a twangy sound, just thick! I play thru a G&L ASAT bass with two humbuckers and a HUGHES & KETTNER BassBase 400 head. I returned the 2x12 to Guitar Center with their 30 day return policy.

5. have fun playin on it funky. So do you like it overall?