1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ernie Ball/Music Man cab closeout at GC!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Just got word that Guitar Center is blowing out the Ernie Ball/Music Man cabs at $299 for the 2x12 and $249 for the 2x10. My local GC only had one 2x10 left, so I bought it and am very impressed, especially for the money. If they'd had another one, I would've bought that too. I didn't really expect a lot from EB/MM in terms of cabs, so I was pleasantly surprised, and at this price, they're a great deal.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Good deal. Is the 210 4 or 8 oms?

3. 8 ohms--they have two Speakon jacks and a 1/4. Sound really nice, especially for the bucks!

4. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I found the GC blowout and purchased an ERNIE BALL MUSICMAN HD212 cab for $300. It is a 2x12 with non-adjustable tweeter and is 600watts/8ohms. This cab sounds awesome and has a great low mid emphasis...BUT, when I got down to low G and beyond on my 4-string, the cab really starts to distort to the point that speaker failure wouldn't be too far away. I was really impressed with the tone and wish that the cab could handle the lows as well as it handles the mids. Not a twangy sound, just thick! I play thru a G&L ASAT bass with two humbuckers and a HUGHES & KETTNER BassBase 400 head. I returned the 2x12 to Guitar Center with their 30 day return policy.

5. have fun playin on it funky. So do you like it overall?