1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice Bass (Musicman P/J)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dr Dan, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Dr Dan

Dr Dan Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Price:
    $1600
    Strings:
    United States
    PRICE DROP!

This is a Caprice Bass by Ernie Ball Music Man. It is Music Man's interpretation of a passive Precision/Jazz hybrid. The controls are volume (front pickup), volume (back pickup), and master tone. It looks amazing in its Heritage Tobacco Sunburst finish, amber maple neck, tortoise-look pickguard, and rosewood fingerboard. The condition is like new, with the exception of some swirl marks on the pickguard that can be seen in the photos. Everything works, including the truss rod, and the bass has no issues at all. It was recently set up, and has very little time on a set of D'Addario EXL170 (45-100) nickel roundwound strings. The bass comes in its original hard-sided case, which is also like new.

I bought this bass a few months ago on a whim. It sounds like the best of both worlds -- Fender Precision and Fender Jazz -- and it is a joy to play. The neck profile is more Jazz than Precision. It has not left my home since I have owned it; actually, the bass and case look like they have never been taken out at all (although I don't know for sure). Sadly, I'm just not playing anymore and I could use the cash.

Sale includes bass, case, and case "candy" including key. The stand is for pictures only. The bass inside its case will be packed in a heavy cardboard instrument carton.

The price is $1,400 shipped within the continental U.S. I am not interested in trades.

Thanks for looking!

On to the pictures ...

MM full 2.jpg MM body.jpg MM body 2.jpg MM body back.jpg 20201021_151647.jpg 20201021_151841.jpg MM full back.jpg MM case closed.jpg MM case open.jpg MM case candy.jpg MM case badge.jpg MM in case.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Isn’t there a TB rule against selling your avatar bass?!

sears likes this.
  3. Dr Dan

Dr Dan Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Maybe there should be!! It's a rule I seem to keep breaking. :laugh::(

4. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Can you share the weight of the instrument? Thanks...

5. Dr Dan

Dr Dan Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Of course! My bathroom scale says 8.4 lbs. Just on the light side of average, which is about how it feels.

6. Dr Dan

Dr Dan Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Offers considered! This is already slated to sell on eBay, but I'd rather sell it here first!

7. Dr Dan

Dr Dan Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    PRICE DROP!

$1,400 shipped

8. TallManChef

TallManChef

Jan 20, 2014
    Someone got a steal, I was just debating pulling the trigger...

9. Dr Dan

Dr Dan Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    I hope the new owner will agree with you! It's on its way to California.

The first time I played this bass I thought, if a guy was only allowed to have one bass, this one would definitely do it.

I'm surprised EBMM has stopped making them. I'm not sure why. Maybe a passive P/J was too far outside what people expect from EBMM. Make an identical bass, but change the name on the headstock, and they'd sell like hotcakes ...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021