SOLD Ernie Ball Music Man Centennial Namm 100th Stingray

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zack Sewell, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Zack Sewell

Zack Sewell Commercial User

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta
    All gear listed is my own and not related to the store I work at.
    Price:
    $3200.
    Strings:
    Hey guys! Decided to post this here because I've seen a few come through here and several of you guys know about this bass. It's a 2001 #93 of 100 Namm Anniversary special in Inca silver with custom Status neck with gold coin inlay. Mine is in almost mint condition. There are 2 very tiny dings which are photoed and everything is all original while being perfectly maintained. Original case and paperwork included. Selling this because I'm afraid to play it. My G&L asat is my work horse. Not interested in trades. Just cash. Thank you for your time! Please ask me anything you need.

I am registered as a commercial user but this is my private collection. Selling instruments from our store via outside sources is against store policy and employees who do so are subject to termination.

Attached Files:

2. Zack Sewell

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta
    Forgot to include shipping charges, 60$ us, 250$ elsewhere

3. etaym

etaym Gold Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Newton, MA
    Had one, sold it, regret it to this day.... hmmmmm

Zack Sewell likes this.
  4. Zack Sewell

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta
    I've had about 5 people tell me not to do it. I just can't bring myself to play it for fear of wearing it out. My G&L is very worn. I put tons of hours on instruments but this one might have less than 40 hours from it's original owner and i would be surprised if I have more than 50 on it myself. I was hyped over the graphite neck tone. I honestly can't stand most music man basses but this one had such a growl, (and it makes your suit look good for the higher class gigs) that I had to have it. I know I could have bought a regular stingray and upgraded the neck but it's so rare that they will match PERFECTLY once installed. I'm probably a little too particular but I wanted a body painted and fitted to it's neck from the beginning. The gold flare made it even better. I get questions all the time about it because of the neck and coin. If this was one you knew you were going to keep to yourself forever, it would be a very good investment. The shame of these basses is that most people, like myself own them but are scared to play them. The things that really make this a great bass is that it's really a very usable instrument that is tailored for a professional. I haven't tuned it in about 6 months and it's perfectly in tune right now. Yes, I double checked haha. I have some really heavy rotosounds on it for playing a whole step down currently. The action is as low as I can go for that tuning to play well, but get some standard strings on it and the action will be much lower than your average stingray making it all the easier to play. The strings are 55 - 115 swing bass. Can include a set of 45-105 swing bass to whoever wants it. Thanks for letting me rant!

5. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Inactive

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    :drool:

Zack Sewell likes this.
  6. etaym

etaym Gold Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Newton, MA
    8C50A309-E531-4EA9-BE0B-8CDE5D51A1D2.jpeg
    Oh I giggled mine!!! One of my bands actually refused to having me played a different bass and the guitar player claimed this bass has a signature tone...

filipetk and Zack Sewell like this.
  7. Zack Sewell

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta

It really does have a unique sound. I managed an all used store and have seen many stingrays too. What kind of music do y'all do?

8. bassman28

bassman28 Bass Pluckers Owner Posting in Talkbass Bazaar Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    Private message me please. Thankyou

9. Chvasta

Chvasta

Sep 5, 2018
    Atlanta
    Let me borrow this, indefinitely.

Zack Sewell likes this.
  10. Zack Sewell

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta
    no probz Mike :bassist:

11. Man, sweet bass! Wish I had the dough for this!

Zack Sewell likes this.
  12. Zack Sewell

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta
    Here's a photo of my G&L so y'all can see the hours I put in on it and why I have always been scared to even touch this stingray. image7.jpeg

raal likes this.