Ernie Ball Music man HD210 and HD212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kimstevens, Feb 6, 2003.

1. kimstevens

Nov 12, 2002

I recently purchased an EBMM HD210 from a local guy, and I really like it. I am concidering buying another EBMM cab for the times when i need more volume, and also for use as a seperate stand-alone cab. I've seen new HD210s and HD212s on ebay. Since I can't try an HD212 in person before buying, I'm wondering if anyone out there owns both of these cabs and can compare them for me. I'm particularly wondering if the tweeterless HD212 produces enough highs to be used on its own, and also if the 212 is significantly louder than the 210.

Thanks for any replies,

2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey Kim, congrats on your new purchase!

There have been a couple of threads about these cabs with tons of discussion pretty recently and here's a link to one recent thread in which all kinds of different aspects of these cabs are discussed. You'll probably find them really helpful!'s the link:

brad cook
  3. kimstevens

Nov 12, 2002
    Thanks, Brad. I had actually already read all of the EBMM cab threads, and I didn't find what I considered to be a direct comparison of the 210 and the 212. I do appreciate your response, though.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The 212 has 2 12" speakers and a midrange driver that doesn't go as high as the horn in the 210. OTOH the 212 goes lower than the 210. They complement each other very well IMO.