1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ernie Ball Music Man Introduces New StingRay Basses For 2018

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Feb 13, 2018.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    For 2018, the StingRay 4 and StingRay 5 "have been reimagined with new features and appointments that provide a new level of playing comfort while retaining that revered iconic StingRay sound". Featured revisions include an enhanced contour that is rounded for more comfort in any playing position, a sculpted neck joint for uninhibited upper fret access to all 22 stainless steel frets, and lightweight aluminum hardware providing a lighter, more balanced instrument. The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets for higher output and a new 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom without clipping. Solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration (4+1 for the StingRay 5), and the ever popular Music Man humbucker, all together produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.

Available July 20th for North America.

StingRay-Bass-4. StingRay-Bass-5.

2. pablotries

pablotries

Feb 2, 2018
    Costa Rica
    I've been considering a Stingray5 for a couple months now and I was deciding between that and a Sterling5. The lighter weight and more comfortable neck joint were the biggest factors leaning towards the Sterling. Might as well wait a couple more months to try these new basses, some of the sparkle finishes they had at NAMM were amazing.

3. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    Ok, that sea foam green bass is just super cool looking!

4. jshinal

jshinal

May 28, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Red red red red red red red red red red red red. drool I did not need GAS over this.

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Is there a page with good photos of all the finishes?

6. ksukev

ksukev

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    I've always loved the way a Stingray5 sounds. Sounds like it weighs 6,000 lbs. I bought one on here and just HATED the neck. Just could never comes to terms with it. My Roscoe neck feels like an old friend. That being said, love the purple in the new Rays.