1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ernie Ball Music Man refinish or customizations?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phillipkregg, Feb 12, 2016.

1. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Has anyone here ever sent their Music Man bass back to Ernie Ball to have it refinished or customized?

Say if there is a paint chip and you want it fixed... or you have a double H but you want it converted to an HS.

Will they even do this? If so, is it reasonably priced?

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I doubt they even do either (maybe for their artists / endorsers) ... you're likely better off having a local resource tackle those things.

3. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Gotcha. I almost sent them an email inquiry, but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone else had experience with this.

4. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    It never hurts to ask them. EBMM has some of the best customer service the business. And if they say no, you didn't lose anything.

5. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    They may do repair to chips and stuff like that. I'm pretty positive that they will not do color changes or pickup changes. They want them to stay how they came.