1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 H SLO Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Suncat, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Suncat

Suncat Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Louisiana
    Price:
    Strings:
    For Sale:

Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray SLO Special

Beautiful shape. No dings, dents, or scratches. Fretboard is immaculate. Includes a Hipshot Detuner and the original tuning key is included. A tortoise pick guard is included if you wish to change it out from the black one that is currently installed. The Hipshot Detuner was removed and the original tuning key was put back on. I don't use the detuner, but it will be included in the case. There is a dark wood marking from the wood that was used to make the neck. It's not a defect it's just part of the wood.

Color: Frost White Metallic
    Fretboard: Maple
    Nut Width: SLO Special - 1 1/2" (38.1mm) at the nut.

Specifications StingRay
    Model StingRay
    Size 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
    Weight 9 lbs, 5 oz (4.22 kg) - varies slightly
    Body Wood Ash
    Body Finish High gloss polyester
    Bridge Standard - Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles (Stealth Black finish features matte black hardware)
    Scale Length 34" (86.4 cm)
    Neck Radius 11" (27.9 cm)
    Headstock Size Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
    Frets 21 - High profile, wide
    Neck Width 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret; SLO Special -1-1/2" (38.1 mm) at nut, 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
    Neck Wood Select maple neck
    Fingerboard Fretted - maple or rosewood; Fretless - Pau Ferro with or without inlaid fretlines; Stealth Black - Ebony
    Neck Finish Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend (Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish for Stealth Black)
    Neck Colors Standard - Natural; Optional - Matching painted headstock
    Tuning Machines Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
    Truss Rod Adjustable - no component or string removal
    Neck Attachment 6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting
    Electronic Shielding Chrome plated brass control cover
    Controls Single Pickup, 2-band active preamp; vol, treble, bass; Dual Pickup, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass
    Switching Single Pickup - N/A; Dual Pickup - 5-way lever pickup selector
    Pickups Standard - Music Man® humbucking with Alnico magnets; Optional - Dual Humbucking with Alnico magnets; Optional - Humbucking/Single coil with Alnico magnets

Trades:

Looking for a Fender American Professional Precision Bass.

PayPal and will ship anywhere in the CONUS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  2. matty4string

matty4string Supporting Member

May 11, 2016
    Trade for American pro jazz bass

3. matty4string

matty4string Supporting Member

May 11, 2016
    IMG_1267.JPG

Attached Files:

4. Suncat

Jul 28, 2004
    Louisiana
    PM'd

5. Tuna Can Dan

Tuna Can Dan Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2017
    What was it about this bass you didn't like? I have the exact same bass as this same color same everything but it's the regular stingray. I've been thinking about a slo special but not too sure.

6. Tuna Can Dan

Aug 31, 2017
    IMG_5131.PNG

7. Suncat

Jul 28, 2004
    Louisiana
    I'm glad you asked. At first the Stingray didn't sound right to me at the time I thought to put the bass up for sale. I then started to think about the strings I was using with it. The D'Addario nickel strings did not sound right with the Stingray. I just changed the strings on it last night to DR Low Riders and wow what a difference. I'm now enjoying it and it sounds perfect to my ears. Now I'm going to get it properly setup because I can tell the intonation is not right. I think I'm going to keep and just buy a Sterling when I can. I love the Sterling neck on the Stingray it's perfect for my hands and playability.

I do miss the series tone I got from a Stingray 5 string and I am trying to sell the SLO to get the Sterling which has the neck profile I like and the parallel, single-coil, series options.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  8. Tuna Can Dan

Aug 31, 2017
    Man I thought the slo special was a stingray with the sterling neck.

9. Suncat

Jul 28, 2004
    Louisiana

It is.

10. Tuna Can Dan

Aug 31, 2017
    Oh ok you just like the sterling g options more? Man I really want a slo special but you think it's a big difference between the regular stingray?

11. Suncat

Jul 28, 2004
    Louisiana
    The only difference is the nut width at 1 1/2" and the neck is a Sterling neck. Other than that it's still a Stingray.

12. Tuna Can Dan

Aug 31, 2017
    Ok thank you!

13. Suncat

Jul 28, 2004
    Louisiana
    Still available. Make an offer. I'm open to trades as well.

14. Tuna Can Dan

Aug 31, 2017
    I just have my regular stingray like yours with the regular neck and I have a 2017 fender p bass American pro.

Attached Files:

15. Suncat

Jul 28, 2004
    Louisiana
    Priced reduced to $1000.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017