SOLD Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by msquared, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Ahoy, mateys!

Up for sale is my dear and cherished SR5, SN 53418. It's transluscent blue burst with maple neck/board (all one piece, actually). White pearl pickguard, white pickups. Bone stock other than Dunlop Straploks, the pickguard, and a nut replacement to fix the usual G string problem that SR5s have.

It is in mint condition with the exception of a bit of light scuffing under the back lip of the bridge where someone dragged a B string across the finish once. There is no way I would be able to photograph it and you'd be hard pressed to actually see it unless the light was right. I myself didn't notice it until I'd had the bass for three months. If you compared this 13 year old bass up against any SR5 you'd find at Guitar Center I would put money on you walking away with this one.

This is a '93, which from the Basses forum I gather is smack in the middle of some great years of Ernie Ball's production. I bought it from OldieButNoobe a while back and he never had it out to a gig. He told me that the previous owner was the original purchaser and never had it out of the house. I myself have never taken it on a gig.

Here are a couple pictures that OldieButNoobe took and I'll follow with more later on:

It is currently strung with Ernie Ball Regular Slinky strings. I also have a set of TI jazz flats for it which sound incredible (and I recommend them over the Slinkys unless you are a hardcore slapper). I'll string and intonate it with your choice and include the other set. Both sets are barely broken in. I will include a fresh battery for the preamp.

I am sellling it because I have resigned myself to the fact that I am a Lakland junkie. This bass looks, plays, and sounds incredible but I recently got a JO5 and it's tough to even bring myself to play the SR5. I hate to sell it (and will probably regret it) but I have to face the fact that it's simply not going to get used if it stays here.

I would like $1000 for it and am open to trades and offers. I'm especially interested in high end drum gear, Lakland basses, and small cabs by Bergantino or Epifani. I want it to go to a TBer and am not in a hurry to sell it so don't expect it on ebay anytime soon.

If you buy this bass and don't end up liking it, you have a week from the day it arrives to contact me and send it back for a full refund of the purchase price minus shipping both ways.

I have some feedback under the old TB system and you can check out my ebay feedback by looking up "cookiemobster".
  2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
  3. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    wow, thats a gorgeous bass.
  4. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    if that was a 4banger, i would soooo have a swap offer for you :(
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    All years of EBMM production are great,not just some.

Beautiful bass though. I had a dream that invovled that exact combination on an SR 5 once..
  6. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Hey, this is my 1000th post. How about that? contains some pictures I took this afternoon during lunch. If anyone has any requests for more, let me know what specifically you'd like to see.
  7. Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Bump for a sweet bass! If I didnot already have an SR5 myself....

BTW where can I find a replacement nut for my SR5? Is there one available off the shelf somewhere?

Sorry for the post hijack.
  8. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    aaaaaaand SOLD!

Wow, just over 24 hours. I love you, Talkbass. :bassist:

Thanks again to everyone who expressed interest and for all the really great trade offers. It was tough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.