SOLD Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Special 4H Ebony Fretboard /Jet Black Stealth Roasted Maple 8lbs 6oz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sludgetail, Nov 22, 2019.

1. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey TB gang, hope you're all taking care and gearing up for the holidays.

As some of you may know, I recently purchased a custom Elrick Platinum for $6k and so I'm offloading some of the basses that I don't get enough of a chance to dig into any longer.

This is my 2018 Mint Ernie Ball Stingray Special 4H (1 humbucker, 4 strings) in Jet

Black with Stealth Hardware. Super lightweight, 18v active preamp, new for 2018/19 Neodymium Stingray Pickup, beautiful Ebony fretboard & straight roasted maple neck, lightweight redesigned custom OEM Ernie Ball black hardware -- all in gloss jet black (not matte) in exceptionally clean condition. I haven't listed it on Reverb yet, but will, so get it here first if you're in the market.

I'm a preferred seller on Reverb, you can check out my exceptional feedback there by clicking this link. Go through it and read the various pages and see what people say about the level of service, fast shipping, and detailed packaging I provide. I've also sold on eBay since 1998, know how to ship, pack, and communicate.

If you know me, you know I'm OCD with my gear. This Musicman is no exception; she's been kept in her case, all docs, tools & case candy have been kept and she's been pampered to a T. If you play black basses, you know how important it is to keep them looking nice, and that's what I've done here.

These photos were taken under an EXTREME SUNLIGHT Arri Film Light that costs more than my car. It's enough light to fill a Gym. I wanted to fill in the bass so that you're able to see the black in high definition. You'll see how reflective the finish is on this bass, as and some of the details like the color of the fretboard and roasted maple neck may be blown out a bit by the extreme light. The neck is a deep, rich brown along with the matching roasted headstock; at regular room lighting she comes off as dark and pretty stealth (see 4th pic), but I wanted to give you accurate details.

Mint except for some minor pickguard swirling. Grab a new one for $40 if it bothers you and you have a $2199 instrument (and the best off-the-shelf build available today) New, at a bargain.

WEIGHT - 8lbs 6oz -- crazy for a Stingray.

**NOT LOOKING FOR ANY TRADES, THANKS GUYS/GALS**

PRICED TO MOVE WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED... and if you've shipped a bass lately, you know it's not cheap. If you have any questions, I'm happy to help but NO TRADES, I've got all I need, thank you :)

Paypal Only or In-Person Pickup in Orange County, CA
    TOP 48 US / Continental USA Only

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    five7 and BradH like this.
  2. A true gem and well priced!

I have one exactly like that ! The best Stingray ever produced imho!!!

sludgetail likes this.
  3. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    thanks for the kind words, she’ll be missed indeed but I hate having stuff sit when it can be played! Play yours in great health my friend and happy thanksgiving!

4. Frampton

Frampton Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2010
    NY
    That's a beautiful bass!

sludgetail likes this.
  5. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thank you Frampton!!! have an awesome Thanksgiving and appreciate the love on her!

6. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    N.Y. and FL.
    Curious...why did you change the price to $0 and delete the photos after selling ?

7. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    So that my killer price doesn’t affect others selling their instrument for what it’s truly worth, which was a lot more than what I was selling it for in this condition with shipping.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  8. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    N.Y. and FL.
    That is very nice of you but it is against Talkbass Rules...

Deleting the price from your title or all the information from your ad for any reason is not permitted- it will be reverted back to its previous state and a warning will be issued as well as a reply ban to prevent further editing.

9. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Maybe you should report it to a moderator then.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    He is correct- editing out ad information is not permitted. Please add it back.
    Thank you

moreblues likes this.