SOLD Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special 4HH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doc Halo, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Doc Halo

Doc Halo Musician, heal thyself. Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Price:
    $1600
    Strings:
    On the block: a 2018 Ernie Ball Music Man Sting Ray Special 4HH in Charging Green with a roasted maple neck.

If you know anything at all about these, you know that they’re pretty amazing. If you don’t, check out this TB thread; additional details and specs may be found here.

History: I purchased this instrument from Sweetwater in November of 2018. Since then, it has seen limited use, mostly in my climate-controlled, smoke-free home. (I have played out with it on occasion, and it absolutely kicks with a full band.) I am selling it to fund the purchase of another instrument.

Condition: Cosmetically, the instrument is a 9.9 on a scale of 1 to 10. There is a small ding on the lower horn near the back of the instrument; it can only be seen upon close inspection and is wholly invisible when the instrument is in playing position. I have tried to capture this blemish as best I could in some of the pictures below.

The instrument's the finish is best described as a stunning candy-apple green. The build quality of the instrument is extraordinary.

In terms of electronics and mechanics, the instrument is in perfect working condition. It is currently strung with a set of TI Flats, but I will also include the OEM EB Super Slinkys. I have installed a white moto pickguard and will include the white OEM pickguard as well. The pictures show Schaller S-Lock buttons, but the OEM buttons will reinstalled prior to shipping. The case is in perfect condition. (I'll upload pix of the case later today.)

Weight is 9 pounds on the dot as per Sweetwater’s scale. Instrument balances perfectly and plays like a dream.

Price: $1600 plus the actual cost of shipping, payable through PayPal. CONUS sales only. Since I am selling this instrument to purchase something else, I will politely ignore trade offers.

The instrument will be professionally packed and shipped via FedEx within 48 hours of the receipt of funds. Those with questions should feel free to contact me.

A.jpg B.jpg A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg D.jpg E.jpg F.jpg G.jpg H.jpg I.jpg J.jpg K.jpg L.jpg M.jpg N.jpg O.jpg P.png Q.png R.png S.png

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    TerenceE, jmlee, Cyborg and 2 others like this.
  2. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Columbia, MD Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Attachments aren't showing up.

Doc Halo likes this.
  3. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Thanks. You caught me just as I was editing them. . . they should be there now.

CyberSnyder likes this.
  4. Taustin Powers

Taustin Powers Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Berlin, Germany
    Beautiful bass! I am sure this will move fast.

Doc Halo likes this.
  5. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    N.Y. and FL.
    Very nice! That roasted neck goes extremely well with that color!

Doc Halo likes this.
  6. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Sexy af! GLWTS!

Doc Halo likes this.
  7. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    On hold pending payment.

8. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Sold!

9. Really excited to get my hands on this Roasted Neck! Thanks Doc!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022