SOLD Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling HS 4 w/OHSC - Great Condition! Fresh Setup & New Strings + PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jaydbass, Oct 12, 2016.

1. jaydbass

jaydbass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fresh setup and new set of strings...

Purchased from another awesome TB'er, up for sale or trade is an excellent condition USA Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling HS 4 string. Tone is phenomenal with the ability to span from the traditional super hi-fi MM tone to something like an augmented Jazz Bass sound thanks to a 5 way selector switch, 3 band active EQ and phantom coil configuration... It's capable of very pronounced mid range as well as awesome low and high boosts depending on how you play with the knobs and switch. A maple fingerboard also adds that extra zing.

Straight sale is OK but quite interested in hearing about interesting trades...

Has a nice ash body, high polyester gloss on a natural finish and a tortoise pick guard that makes for a really nice looking bass. Electronics are quite and allow you to get a single coil bridge sound without hum making it ideal for those that record. For those that have played EBMMs, you'll have the very solid construction feel you'd expect from any Sterling or Stingray.

My scale seems a bit on the fritz based on some sample tests but these guys are typically at around 9.0-9.5lbs or so. Comes with original OHSC... Reason I'm parting with it is simply to make space in the collection for other things I'm looking for at the moment and try some new stuff for the styles I'm working on right now... My loss will be your gain!

This will make someone very happy that's looking for the aggressive sound of an MM Sterling combined with the ability to dial in some alternative and very unique sounds with the addition of the j neck pickup and phantom coils. Price includes shipping in CONUS lower 48...

Reach out with any questions... Open to all interesting trades with cash on either side as needed but preference is on the following:

-Any German-made Warwick
    -Maruszczyk
    -Prat Classic 4
    -Warrior
    -Xotic
    -Bacchus Jazz Basses
    -Modded MIJ or MIA Active Fender Jazz Basses
    -Matt Pulcinella Level 4

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Mediocrity Man likes this.
  2. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    jaydbass likes this.
  3. Nice !

jaydbass likes this.
  4. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Thanks! It's a pretty sweet axe; tons of tonal options and headroom. Definitely foresee re-adding something along these lines to the collection in the future!

5. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Bumpity bump...

6. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    • Weekend bump...
    • Price drop to $995
    • Fresh set of D'Addario Nickels and got a fresh setup while I was at it for the next owner!!!!!

7. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Bump and price reduction..

8. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Deal just made sweeter @ $900 for a mint modern MM! Needs a new home...

9. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Sale pending...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022