Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5 Fretless and lined. Desperate for a buyer!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by TheChariot, Jul 8, 2004.

1. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I'm selling and Ernie Ball Stringray 5. The color is Translucent Teal and the pickguard is black. It was ordered direct from the Ernie Ball factory in December of 2002 and received in March of 2003, and has fret-lines with no frets. It has seen very little playing time, as I have really not adapted to a 5-string or a fretless model. :crying: Fret lines or no fret line, I really just dont mesh with it. Plus, it is quite heavy for my preference. I am but a wee 5'4".

I really havent looked at the body in about 3 or 4 months, but I can only believe it is in mint or near-mint condition. There is very minor fretboard wear, I am sure.... probably some fingerprints that I need to polish out. I will give it a full examination if anyone is interested in purchasing it. I have a digital camera, and can send pictures of ANY part of the bass. I have to say that it is truely a high-class, beautiful sounding instrument.

I am looking for about $950 + whatever the shipping may be for the bass and its original Music Man hardshell case. I realize that this may seem steep for a used model, but realize that it was specially ordered, making it far more expensive. The standard Guitar Center price was about $1800. On clearance, it was about $1400.

PLEASE get back to me, if anyone is interested! I am looking to upgrade other areas of my equipment!

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Yikes! Stingrays ain't cheap no more. (sorry, haven't shopped for a slab in awhile).
  3. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Actually Stingrays are plenty Cheap.... except for this stupid one :meh:

I'll likely lower the price... I think Guitar Center was friggon nuts to list it so expensive like that. Probably $850 (hopefully). And I'll likely have to put it on eBay.
  4. jelloyacket

jelloyacket bass > guitar

Jun 14, 2002
    McMurray, PA
  5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I might be interested. Can you email me pix if if by PM?
  6. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I posted 2 pics on a thread in the bass guitar section. Any other pics I will do via email. I have 12 more currently. There is one picture zoomed in a lot, because there is a small nick/ding/whatever you wanna call it on the top-bottom-rear area of the bass. I tried my best to get a shot of it, but it was a no-go. I'll mention more in the emails.
  7. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yep... those are the pics. Thanks for the help :)
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its beautiful.

Id be all over it if I didnt have a Valenti being built.