Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ldiezman, Jul 15, 2001.

1. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I was just wondering what you guys thought or think rather about the Stingray.. I just recently (july 10th) got my stingray 5 string and I love it.. It is a beautiful bass and it sounds amazing.. I don't think that is a terribly biased opinion.. I didn't always like these basses, i thought they were just for show.. but after playing them, i have fallen in love... so just tell me what you like or what you don't like

2. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    I got my natural velvet Stingray 4 for last Christmas and I love everything about it, from the sound to the feel, and the appearance :). I still haven't played another bass that kicks as much ass, and I never plan to sell this bass. The Stingray is surely (IMO) one of the best basses ever :D! Congratulations on the 5 string 'Ray.

3. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats on the new axe. Hope you have many years of happiness. I play a Stingray 4 and 5 and wouldn't give them up either.
  4. Congrats on the Ray! :)

Although I only played one breifly at GC.I must admit they look,feel,and sound fantastic!! For me the neck is uncomfortable....too fat.But no denying they are quality made and sound phat!!!
    Post a pic for us,man!!
  5. i am a proud owner of a stingray 5 as well and i think they are well made instruments with quality tone. some may feel that they are a 'one trick pony', but i think its possible to get a few good sounds with the 5 because of the sterling-like controls. congrats on the new bass!
  6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I love my 'Ray 5. It's a '98 made for an Ernie Ball employee with no pickguard. I recently ordered my "dream" 'Ray 5, translucent purple, maple neck, black moto guard, piezo bridge p/u. Day in day out, the 'Ray 5 is my favorite axe and I own a BUNCH.
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    you can't go wrong with a stingray.
    even if don't own a stingray i played a couple of these basses, simply great sounding!

ehi boogiebass what's a black moto guard?
  8. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah. i really love My stingray. I have wanted a new bass for a long time but didn't have the money. I went into the music store one day and saw 4 stingrays on the wall (2 five strings and 2 fours.. or maybe 3 fours) anyway. The bass i bought was my dream bass, color and everytyhing, pearl blue with matching headstock and black perloid pickguard... man I still can't believe I own this thing... I'm broke now (i'm a 19yr old college student) money is tight... but i couldn't be happier
  9. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    I just added a StingRay-5 to my collection last week. I've wanted one for sometime now but couldn't see myself parting with that much cash for one.
    Last year I bought a Reverend Rumblefish-5L. As great as they sound, I found the neck a bit on the wide side. So I sold it and got a great deal on the StingRay-5 (Vintage sunburst/Rosewood neck).
    The Ray will be my main bass and the others will fall in line behind it.
    To all my StingRay brothers and sisters, enjoy!
    I certainly will.
  10. I myself just picked up a Stingray 5 last week as well. It's Black w/ black pickguard and a maple neck. I absolutely love it! I mainly play metal and hard rock, but I dabble in punk and some funky slapping. While I wouldn't exactly say this bass is versatile, I think it's character sound fits well into any of these settings. I thought my G&L L-2500 was going to be my main bass for a few years, but now the Stingray has replaced it completely.

Congrats to everyone in here that just recently became part of the Talkbass Stingray Owners Club!
  11. JPAmorim

Jul 17, 2001
    Rio de Janeiro
    I bought a sunburst 'ray three months ago. It's a wonderfull bass. Deep sounding, very solid.
    You can´t go wrong with it.