Ernie Ball MusicMan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tombo, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Tombo

Tombo Guest

Mar 7, 2004
    New York, USA
    I was wondering if anyone plays a Musicman or a SUB Ernie Ball. I have never played one and was just curious. I have heard that they are heavy though.
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    There is no such bass as "the music man". Musicman is the musical instrument brand of Ernie Ball. The S.U.B is a musicman bass, and basically an awkward cheap version of the Stingray.
  3. Tombo

Tombo Guest

Mar 7, 2004
    New York, USA
    You're right.... let me rephrase, I mean the stingray.
  4. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    There we go :). I've played several stingrays. They're not that heavy, but they're still hefty. The SUB and Stingray weigh nearly the same due to their very similar construction. They are not the lightest bass in the world, but not the heaviest.
  5. i like the bongo. very very nice bass.
  6. Tombo

Tombo Guest

Mar 7, 2004
    New York, USA
    The only reason I mentioned the SUB was because there is no way in hell that the stingray is in my budget.
  7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i have never ever heard anyone here complain about a musicman bass. how bout that!
  8. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    What was the question? I've played a Stingray or two.
  9. heavy is a relative term
    if you're a big guy it wont feel like anything to you. they're typically around 9-10lbs... a good strap can help distribute that weight to make it feel more comfortable

stingrays are built REALLY well, you should play one to figure out if you like it... chances are you will, they're very popular basses
  10. mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    I would say that my MM SR4 is less heavy than my Dean Edge 4. None of these basses are the most heavy basses you can get. In my opinion the S.U.B. feels almost the same as the SR 4 to play (I'm not review the sound here).

11. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    my ray 5 is heavy. hurts my back after about an hour but love the tone....its so compressed. the sterling would be my
    next choice with an ash body. lightens the load so to speak. :)
    Keep the Funk Alive!!!