Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball Singles?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by used13, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Anybody know a good place to buy EB singles on the internet? Trying to build a custom heavy guage sat just like the heavy 4 strings, but with a 135 or 140 for my B. Any place would be good, haven't found a single dealer for singles yet!!!!

George.

2. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    are you definately sure that EB, sells em in singles, ?
    you could always e-mail them and find out
    ;)

3. Yeah, I know they sell them, if you go to the EB site, the have a page showing the single sizes available, and one showing a display case etc. but apparently that's for dealers(God I hope so, don't need quite that many different guage strings!) I e-mailed them to ask about singles, and they replied saying that they did not do wholesale from the site. I replied asking for the name of a place that carried singles, and no answer after 2 more mails. I know they are a busy corporation and all, so I thought I would come here and see if I might get some answers...

I prefer EB but would try out almost any brand if I could find the size I wanted. I really just want to see what the larger guages do for 5 before I sink a ton of money into something, but even though I've heard of players playing .135 or better, I don't know where to get 'em...

George

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    You might try Bass Central:

http://www.basscentral.com/

A couple of years ago I was looking for bronze strings for a 5 string ABG, and couldn't find any. There were plenty of 4 string sets, but no five. I called Bass Central, and talked to Beaver Felton (who owns it, along with Dave LaRue). He couldn't find any sets, so he ordered me a 4 string set with an single B added. They sell EB strings, so I'm sure they can get what you want. I was impressed with the service they gave me, and Beaver said that they would keep a record of what I bought so I could order them again later (I haven't though, because I don't really play the ABG much).