Ernie Ball Singles?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by used13, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Anybody know a good place to buy EB singles on the internet? Trying to build a custom heavy guage sat just like the heavy 4 strings, but with a 135 or 140 for my B. Any place would be good, haven't found a single dealer for singles yet!!!!

2. red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    are you definately sure that EB, sells em in singles, ?
    you could always e-mail them and find out
  3. Yeah, I know they sell them, if you go to the EB site, the have a page showing the single sizes available, and one showing a display case etc. but apparently that's for dealers(God I hope so, don't need quite that many different guage strings!) I e-mailed them to ask about singles, and they replied saying that they did not do wholesale from the site. I replied asking for the name of a place that carried singles, and no answer after 2 more mails. I know they are a busy corporation and all, so I thought I would come here and see if I might get some answers...

I prefer EB but would try out almost any brand if I could find the size I wanted. I really just want to see what the larger guages do for 5 before I sink a ton of money into something, but even though I've heard of players playing .135 or better, I don't know where to get 'em...

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    You might try Bass Central:

A couple of years ago I was looking for bronze strings for a 5 string ABG, and couldn't find any. There were plenty of 4 string sets, but no five. I called Bass Central, and talked to Beaver Felton (who owns it, along with Dave LaRue). He couldn't find any sets, so he ordered me a 4 string set with an single B added. They sell EB strings, so I'm sure they can get what you want. I was impressed with the service they gave me, and Beaver said that they would keep a record of what I bought so I could order them again later (I haven't though, because I don't really play the ABG much).