1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ernie ball stereo/volume pedal mod

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by abalders, Apr 26, 2010.

1. abalders

abalders

Nov 22, 2007
    los angeles
    howdy! i'm wondering if there's any way to frankenstein an old ernie ball 6165 stereo/volume pan into a volume/expression pedal. i'd like an expression pedal for my line 6 fm4, but the plastic frame of an ex1 isn't something i want to toy around with. i know they use 10k ohm linear taper pots, so would there be a way to use the toe-toggle of the 6165 to switch between expression and volume functions? it doesn't yet seem impossible to me.

i know very little on electronics, so any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks pros!

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    p1341.

I may be off on this but I've seen several people use a 1/4 inch Y to 1/4 TRS to turn an EBVP into an expression pedal. I'm not sure of the specifics but I'd imagine one goes into the input,...one into the output and the TRS into the expression input and viola.

It may not be as simple as that however so,...see who else chimes in.