1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ernie Ball sting ray-- H, HS, or HH witch one

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cbass717, Sep 6, 2008.

1. cbass717

cbass717

Jun 30, 2008
    i love all stingrays and i want one. which one do you guys recommend

the original

double humbucker

or humbucker sing coil

2. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I think most people will give you their favourite (mine is the H/S). Have you tried them all and can't decide or just looking for initial feedback? The best I can recommend is to try them all and let your ears decide :D

3. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    H

4. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I've got an HS and the variety of sounds you can get out of that thing are unfreaking believable. I have an HH Bongo, had and HS Bongo, and I'm sorry I got rid of the HS. Don't know how to put into words the difference btwn the sound of the 2, but I'm sure someone else here will. Seems a bit more versatile.

I also don't see why anyone would not want the extra pickup. The Stingray sound is there, and then you get a whole bunch more to add. When you start gigging with the additional pickup you'll have no doubt whatsoever that you made the right choice. Can't imagine regretting it, while it'll be easy to regret not getting it.

6. cbass717

cbass717

Jun 30, 2008
    ive tried em all and i like the hs the best 2. im just seeing wht other people have to say

7. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    HH for me!

8. detracti

detracti

May 5, 2006
    Seattle
    HH

9. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    H for me, but thats only because you cant get the 2 band preamp on any of the dual pickup models. Otherwise I'd go for the HH.

10. chaunceytoben

chaunceytoben

May 29, 2007
    Detroit, MI
    HS....adds the versatility of another pickup, still with plenty of room for slapping and popping.

11. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Depends...

4 string, I've had them all, and went back to all single H.

5 string, didn't like the single H, so either HS or HH worked for me.