Ernie Ball Stingray 5 Trans Red

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SoyBase, Jul 24, 2005.

1. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Alrighty...Its time to part with a bass that I don't use anymore.
    I've owned this bass since 98 and I think its a 95 model. Its got the birdseye neck with the oil finish that is silky smooth.

This bass is in 9.75/10 shape. Its got a few of those pinhole "bumps" in the finish that don't penetrate, but kind of left an indent. Its probably in better shape than the ones you'd find "new" in GC.

The action on this is low and plays like butter.

I've upgraded the electronics to an Aguilar OBP-3 and SD Alnico pickup. It has a push pull volume for bypass and the mid switch (see pic). I have the original pre and pickup that will come with it. This combo has a great tone. The alnico pickup has the vintage sound, and with the OBP-3, it steps it up a notch.

I'll try to get more detailed pics this week. I doubt any of the blems will show up in photos, though. You really have to look for them to find them. It comes with the original case that is in great shape as well. I've even got some of the original case candy that came with it.

Asking $875 + actual shipping.

I can't take trades because I'm using the money for this for a new Dual Humbucker Stingray. :D

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

• SR5.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
  2. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga

I'll work on price for interested folks...
  3. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    One more bump before it goes on the 'bay....
  4. If only I had the money! *Rips out hair*
  5. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I've finally got some pics ready. email me and I'll forward them on in a ZIP file...
  6. Oh man, thats so freaking the market for a new bass too.

Whatd the new pre and pickup do to the sound?

If you dont mind, Id love some pics.