Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball Stingray For Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by banjohead, Oct 7, 2004.

1. banjohead

banjohead

Sep 23, 2004
    I have an Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray bass in great condition, clean, all strung up, tuned, and playable. Perfectly straight neck, no dents or dings, minor smudges on the top end of the headstock. It has a custom ivory nut. The sound is amazing on these, if you haven’t heard one being played by itself you should check one out at a music store. I am interested in selling it for good ol' cash. I am asking $750 +shipping. Please contact me by email if you are interested: dh60195@appstate.edu
    Links to a description and pictures of the bass are below. I still have the pickguard, it is white. Thanks in advance for looking.

http://mhamilton.photosite.com/ErnieBallMusicmanStingrayBass/
    http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/specs/instruments_stingray.html

2. funky plunky

funky plunky

Mar 18, 2004
    dude, dont you know how to properly put strings on a bass?

3. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    apparently not. when i see that it makes me question the condition of the bass.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Holy crap! Learn to string your bass dude. I read the previous replies and thought that they might be picking on you for a little mistake, but JESUS!

5. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    :scowl:
    Uh, why? Besides looking gross, there really isn't any harm caused by that. My guitarist strings his guitar that way (he cuts off the string ends, at least).

I don't think it's fair that these posts would deter a potential buyer. It's not that you should believe everything a seller says, but you shouldn't make assumptions about the information being false, based on something as trivial as stringing. He said "great condition", and I see no reason why that's too far from the truth. /rant

Good luck with the sale. It's a good lookin' bass, and I'd probably make an offer if I had any cash. You should learn how to properly string it, though. PM me if ya need assistance.

~Hurley

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The strings could harm the bass, the player, or other people/musicians.

7. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    This guy is trying to sell his bass....buy it or shut up and stop posting stupid crap on his thread. Grow up!