Ernie Ball Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jonboy11290, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Jonboy11290

Feb 22, 2006
    A friend recently recommended Ernie Ball Slinky Hybrid Bass strings for my carvin bass... he uses them on his Tobias bass... So if anyone has any information about Ernie Ball Slinky Hybrid strings, I would greatly appreciate it..

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Theyre a good string. Reliable, nice even tone, not over bearing in any respect.
  3. RuneMIkkelsen

Jan 15, 2005
    They are good strings. They have i nice tone. Lot of treble. I have had 2 or 3 sets but the G-string broke rather quick in all of them.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    String breaking is usually a bridge problem, not a string problem.
  5. I've been using Ernie Balls regularly for like 3 years, I only broke one string in that time and that set of strings was well over 5 months old so I wasn't suprised.
    Anyway, Ernie Balls are great for the money (around here, they're much cheaper then the other strings), they lose their "new string sound" fairly quick, but keep a really really nice amount of snap in them for months.
  6. RedVette

Jan 1, 2005
    Medford, OR
    I like the EB Slinkies and the flatwounds. Great strings at a reasonable price.
  7. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    +1. I've used them for a few years now and have never had issues with the quality.