Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball Vol Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Arwai, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Arwai

Arwai

Sep 4, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I want to buy the junior model for my basses. I check their website that they have 2 different ohms for different bass, active & passive, 25K & 250K ohom.

I would like to know, if i have 2 active basses (which could be in passive as well) and 1 passive bass. Which model should I buy??

Thanks,

2. Although I have active preamp (J-retro) in my Jazz bass + lots of effects I bought EB JR volume pedal for passive bass. It`s located in the end of effects chain just before my amp. EB started to work really fine in my setup after switching the small taper switch inside the pedal. There are lots of explanations what that switch does in http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Ernie_Ball/

Don`t know anything about volume pedal for active bass and haven`t tried passive volume pedal with bass that has active pickups (only passive pup`s & preamp)

3. Arwai

Arwai

Sep 4, 2005
    Hong Kong
    That means I could try the 250K model, right?

Thanks,

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have the JR also and run 2 18V active basses with no problem.

5. Arwai

Arwai

Sep 4, 2005
    Hong Kong
    which model are you using? 25K or 250K?

6. At least my 250K (model 6180) works just fine. I guess active electronics can differ alot so you just have to try it.Anyway, remember the taper switch inside the pedal.