1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ernie ball wonder wipes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Lucas G, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
    i didn't know where else to put this, as it is a 'general maintenance' kind of topic, but i figured this forum is close enough.

picked up some of the ernie ball 'wonder wipes' fretboard conditioner wipes today, because the winter weather (and buying a bass from GC, the driest place on earth) had my rosewood FB's looking mighty dry.

these things are awesome! i usually use lemon oil, but i figured i would give these a shot- i did 7 basses and 2 guitars with three wipes! good stuff, and you can get 3 necks or so out of one wipe.

i also tried the instrument polish wipes, as they claim to be streak-free, but i found that not be the case. they did a fine job cleaning up the fingerprints and stuff, but i found i had to give a light buff after wiping them off.

i also got the string cleaner wipes, but i haven't tried them yet.

but man, if you have a bunch of rosewood FB's, the wonder wipes are just the ticket.

EDIT: i take back what i said about the instrument polish. it's pretty awesome too. i don't know if the first bass i cleaned was just super fingerprinty or what, but they really do leave no streaks.