Ernie Balls 2816 vs 2736

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Wakizashis, Jan 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Wakizashis

Wakizashis

Jun 15, 2019
    Czech
    Hi guys,
    Did anyone tried both? Seems both are cobalts, but only 2736 seems to specify it directly in the name.

I have La Bellas low tension and EB 2810 (group III5 set) on my other basses but wanted to get something different again for my Japanese Ric copy.

2736 seems to be even cheaper than 2816, almost twice as Chromes, which i liked as well but not wanna dish that amount of cash for it.

Are the Cobalts ok then, even that cheap? One hsve for few years and ok, others get rust on them?

2. 2816 = Cobalt Flatwound.
    2736 = Cobalt Roundwound.

tindrum, FunkHead and Wakizashis like this.
  3. Wakizashis

Wakizashis

Jun 15, 2019
    Czech
    Damn, thanks. Did not realized it when watched the package like 3x... :X

4. Ernie Ball certainly has confusing ways of packaging their stuff. That's for sure... ;)

This is not the first time someone had Cobalt Flats and Cobalt Rounds mixed up.

5. LetItGrowTone

LetItGrowTone

Apr 2, 2019
    The word "Slinky" on everything makes it harder to find things, but that's my *only* complaint about EB strings.
    But I think I have some of the colors memorized now. :)

6. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
  7. Morrighan

Morrighan la Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    That "Compare Strings" widget at the EB site is pretty cool. Never noticed that before.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022