1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ernie balls or fender?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by therex, Mar 17, 2008.

1. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    well i really need to change strings on my squier but all the money i have is enough for fender strings(they feel really nice) but do the ernie balls last longer?
    i am looking for brigth strings also with some punchines
    i am using a squier VM p bass BTW

2. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Ernie Balls will be brighter than the Fenders will ever be, but in my experience, Fender strings keep more of their sound over a longer time than any other strings. Tough call.

Bright and punchy lasting a long time? Maybe for a few more dollars go DR Hi Beams-- the longest lasting non coated string I have experienced.

Or maybe DR Coated strings--expensive but bright and you may not have to change them for a long, long time.

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I am using some Fender flats and I think they are freaking sweet!

4. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    i will try the ernie balls but i am not sure the price around here
    the last time i asked for them the were 40$ and i am not sure about fender but i gues they are like 25$
    (yes thinks are expensive here)

5. When I use rounds I like the Fenders over the EB's. It seems like they last longer. When I use flats, which I prefer, I like the EB 2804's. The Fenders flats are nice but the EB's have a little brighter sound as far as flats go plus they have some punch on my Geddy. Just my opinion.

6. D'Addarios are fairly low price point, too. A pack cost something like $15.

7. hhhmmmm....EBs here are 19 bucks..