SOLD Ernie Bass Music Man (EBMM) Sterling 4H USA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thank You Leo, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Price:
    $775
    Strings:
    I’m the original owner of this bass, having bought it new in 1998, and it was my main player for quite some time. I eventually gravitated to P/J's for my four strings and this guy has been semi-retired for quite a while now. I actually took it out to a gig a couple of months ago and it still sounds great. Plays nice too. Most Sterlings I've played, especially the newer ones, have a thicker, rounder neck compared to this one. Besides being the lightest Sterling I've ever played, weighing a gig-friendly 8 1/4 lbs., it also has the slimmest neck I've every played.

The bass comes with a Kaces III faux leather gig bag that I bought at the same time as the bass. The Kaces bag is pretty compact, but it has always done a great job of protecting this bass.

The only real blemishes are on the upper horn. I took a couple of extreme closeups that make them look worse than they are, but wanted to point them out. There’s also a small blemish in the clear on the back edge of the headstock. Pretty amazing for a 19 year old bass that was a weekend warrior.

I have mixed emotions about letting this guy go, but I would rather it be in the hands of someone who will play it. PayPal is preferred, but I can make other arrangements if necessary. I will only ship the bass to a US address.

As far as trades are concerned, I’m in the market for a good used P-Bass (Fender MIA, Nash, Lakland, etc.) +/- $$$ as appropriate. A little honest play wear is fine, but needs to be 9 lbs. or less. Also looking for an Aguilar TH500. Not really interested in anything else, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

D20DA4D7-2B30-4055-8520-00A95876458A_zpske3nlncj.jpg

5CAF0881-0461-46D7-89D5-DD89E0DED95B_zpsfnyuceg4.jpg

0E3BE2DB-BDDE-4E93-975D-BF582931F72A_zpsgihgp1xw.jpg

024_zpslefi4flh.jpg

023_zps284mobnt.jpg

DBF5FB3E-81DF-4EAC-8EC8-83BA9A8BEDD6_zpsplmyepex.jpg

F7C24125-871D-4D36-A34B-29675AE8EF95_zpswa2txzci.jpg

Steve59, rogerbmiller and Spidey2112 like this.
  2. Nice! Love the older sterlings. GLWS!

3. RHA III

RHA III

Jul 22, 2012
    Da U P eh!
    This won't last long!

rogerbmiller likes this.
  4. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    I have a '96. Straightest necks and most well behaved basses I've played! Good luck!

rogerbmiller likes this.
  5. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast

Sep 21, 2009
    Southern ILLinois
    Nice Color and Bass

6. Oh my lord.

drooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrool

7. GBBSbassist

GBBSbassist I actually play more guitar... Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago
    That's a great color.

blindrabbit and Blues Infidel like this.
  8. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Gorgeous. I love Sterlings.

blindrabbit and Blues Infidel like this.
  9. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Thank you. The first photos make it look slightly browner than it is. The ones on the black background were taken in pretty bright light which caused a bit of glare. It's real color is somewhere in between.

Like the cliche goes - it really does look better in person. I'm going to try taking a couple outside and see how that works.

blindrabbit likes this.
  10. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Got a question asking if the electronics had been changed at all. Excellent question and the answer is no. The bass is completely original.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  11. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    On hold pending payment.

12. Doctor Phunky2

Doctor Phunky2

Feb 4, 2017
    Woo!

13. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Payment received.

14. Thank god, I couldn't handle the torture much longer.

Congrats on the sale.

SLO Surfer, Blues Infidel and Buzz E like this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022