Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernieball Sterling Fretless

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jimkarl, Jun 23, 2004.

1. jimkarl

jimkarl

Jun 19, 2004
    Ernie Ball Sterling - Fretless Bass. This one is a real beauty. Has lots of factory custom options. Aside from the Pau-ferro Inlaid LINED fretless board upgrade, it has the vintage sunburst color option upgrade, the tortoise shell pickgaurd upgrade, the dot inlaid upgrade, and the Matching color headstock upgrade!! In addition, the fret board is factory lined with inlaids so if you've never played a fretless before - not to worry! You can easily see where you are on the board just like a regular bass. If you play it like a regular bass, that's what it will sound like, but if you play it as a fretless (by sliding your notes) a whole new world of sounds are available. Has the 3 band active eq, original case. If it were not for a tiny (TINY!) chip on the headstock, this baby would be showroom ready! A $2200 bass with all the options for only - $975 with original case.

I'll need your email address if you want pics sent. They are too big to put on here. Email me at rocknroll@adelphia.net. Also note which bass. Thanks! Jim.

2. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    you have PM

3. jimkarl

jimkarl

Jun 19, 2004
    I have no problem with him commenting on my bass - but the fact is he's wrong and ignorant (nothing personal - just using the real meaning of the word) of the price of a fretless sterling with the factory custom options I have. Simply go online to Ernieball and customize it to these EXACT options, and get the distributing music stores to quote you a order price for them. You will find I'm am exactly the facts :)

His bass is a stock, run of the mill ernie ball. Clearly a cheaper bass.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Or, in DrPoopyPants case, maybe people shouldn't comment on things they obviously don't fully grasp if they have really thin skin... :eyebrow:

5. Just my $0.02, but if you're interested in an item here and you think it's overpriced, make what you feel is a reasonable offer. Then, it's up to the seller to accept or reject your offer. As Mod tplyons said, sellers can ask for whatever price they want. As with anything, if the price is too high for you, don't buy it.

Best of luck selling what sounds like a great bass, jimkarl.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jim are you the one who posted on bassgear.com? I think im emailed you but never heard from you. Im interested in your bass but are you looking for trades at all?

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Irrelevant and ignorant posts removed, thread bumped back up for seller.:)

8. Tajimodo

Tajimodo

Feb 1, 2004
    Shrewsbury, MA
    Still available?