Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Err... I got a list

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Alright I'm in a rock/country kinda cover band, and I've got a lot of their songs down, but a lot to go. Does anyone know any of these songs...

Allman Brothers: Ramblin Man'
    The Band: The Weight
    Confederate Railroad: Queen of Memphis
    David Lee Murphy: Dust on the Bottle
    Dire Straits: The Bug
    Aerosmith - I'm Down (Beatles Cover)
    Jackson Browne - Redneck Friend
    Jeff Healy Band: Angel Eyes
    Journey: Lights
    Lynard Skynard: The Ballad of Curtis Lowe
    Marshal Tucker Band: Can't you see
    Marty Stuart: Now That's Country
    Bob Segar: Her Strut
    Stevie Ray Vaughn - Honey Bee
    SRV - Love Struck Baby
    SRV - Tightrope
    SRV - House is a Rockin'
    SRV - Scuttle Buttin'
    SRV -
    Tom Petty - You don't know how it feels
    Travelling Willburys - End of the line
    Van Halen - Finish What You Started
    Warren Brothers - Guilty
    Blues Brothers - Hey Bartender
    Van Halen - Ice Cream Man

I know... that's a lot... but I've already learned 26 of their songs in a short period of time. Whatever you guys can do to help (Tab, Chord Progressions, Guitar Pro) will be greatly appreciated. I'm really burnt out on this whole southern rock gig.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I already searched the tab sites :( No dice.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Any luck on this one?...I just started my own thread about it...I wish I knew a song or two from your list, then I could help you and you'd have to help me...:meh: ....

(edited for spelling)

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Just noticed how old your post was. How did you do on learning that list? How did the band work out?

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey Creepy,

Bands doin' OK. This post is old because I learned a lot of those songs by ear and just by knowing the 12 bar blues progression.

As for her strut, most of the song you just chug on a low E. The prechorus is just A and a C... "oooh, they do respect her but"... go down to B.

The larger portion of that song is just fiddling around in E.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    We don't do these songs though. Mainly because I refuse to do any songs by a band with "Confederate" in their name. OR anything with Redneck in the title OR any journey. The rest of the songs just... sucked, esp Journey. But I like tightrope and kinda ramblin' man. I should learn those...

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks Matt. Just what I was looking for. Glad to hear your bands going OK. It sounds like I should be able to figure out the Seger tune easily enough when I get a recording to sit down with, especially sinse you helped me cheat. ;)