Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Errr, $1799, for a Rockbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basstastic, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Errr, surely this is wrong...

http://www.bassnw.com/New Exotic Basses/warwick_rockbass_streamer_CZ_4_st.htm

Okay, it is neck through, and has active pups, and it looks okay. But, woah woah woah. This is priced like some kind of really amazing bass. Now, this is more expensive than a real warwick. anyone have the opportunity to play this bass either now or in the future? someone in the NW go to this store and play it. I need to know if its worth the money

sim

(im not gonna buy it, but it seems expensive to me)

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    agreed on the high price... but this is why maybe is so high:

-Custom made for NAMM
    -Neck-thru (rare for a rockbass... is it?)
    -active pickups and active EQ

still i think i doesnt look that good and why pay that much money if some kid is going to come to you and say "Hey I have that same bass!" for a thousand bucks less...

get the warwick

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm pretty sure that's a prototype rockbass.

if i'm correct, CZ means czech republic. dana b goods had a 5 string one of these on ebay - i think they had a few made but decided to go with the chinese place instead.

these should be SMOKIN basses, and i'm sure the ultimate selling price will be much less than 1700.

5. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Yeah, it does say that $1799 is just the retail price so I'm sure it will be a lot lower.