Erykah Badu Live

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by, Mar 6, 2005.

Feb 11, 2005
    Kewanee, IL
    has anyone heard this album or know the bassist for this album? this guy can groove! i definately recommend you guys get this or at least give it a listen. man-o-man! tell me what you think.
  2. i love erykah.....i have only heard a little bit of baduizm live...and im not sure if its Braylon Lacy or not....but braylon lacy is definately one of my favourite cats....check out badu on chappelles show..that was great
  3. think its braylon lacy

he been on most of the erykah stuff. definately got the groove. hot player
  4. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    It was Braylon, he's played with her since shortly after high school. I went to the same school as him and got to hear him play often in the jazz bands around school. (It was an all Arts school). He is a great guy, and was a monster player even then.
  5. Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    The bassist on that album was the fantabulous Hubert Eaves IV.
  6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Correct! His dad is sort of famous too. He was 1/2 of the group D-Train f/ James 'D-Train' Williams.
  7. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Boom, Boom is what he does.
  8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

+1 Yeah, he knows how work that low B!!
  9. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I heard this album in a bar several years ago and went out and bought it the next day. It's been in regular rotation in my CD player ever since. The drummer and bassist are both top notch. I just wish she'd do another one.. I like her music but the Live album kills the studio albums.
  10. wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech republic
    Yes! This Album is realy great, It's one of my best I have!...I have many :smug: ...believe or not I have instrument (MTD535) from Hubert, he changed my bass playing and my bass sound... yes he knows what to do with fat strings...!!!
  11. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Yeah that album is the reason I got an MTD 535. Mine has the exact woods as Huberts. :bassist:
  12. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

Which are???
  13. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Body-Korina wood
    Top-Spalted maple burl
    Neck and fingerboard-Wenge

14. Deep

May 8, 2002
    And he uses DR Low-Riders. The drummer is Poogie Bell who plays with Marcus Miller.
  15. goloa

Apr 22, 2005
    does anybody know on what amp/cabs hubert play?

he's sound is a mighty one :D

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    ...and my cousin :D
  17. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    This is seriously one of my all time favorites! "other side of the game" is just too smooth. Never knew who played on it though I only have a copy not the original disc. Good thread!
    - Tom
  18. goloa

Apr 22, 2005

then u must know what AMP does he use !? :)

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last I heard he was using a Mesa Big Block 750...
  20. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I just grabbed that disc on the recomendations here.
    Very nice! (see heath- I listen and respect your opinion, we may disagree about Will Lee, but you made me pick this one up!)
    My only complaint, and trust me it's minor, is most of the tunes are mid tempo and slower and not many except "Stay" are uptempo.
    I can only take the sidestick on the snare for so long!!!
    But it is a groovy ass disc-whew!!!
    And Poogie Bell!! One of my fav drummers.