1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Erykah Badu VHI Soulstage Concert Featuring Brother B on Bass. LINK!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jmaestro, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
  2. Now thats some fish sammich music right there. :cool:

3. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    Im only on the second song and I was grooving as soon as that bassline hit in the first song. Great sound. Perfect groove with great fills also.

4. thanks man, that was groovtacular:)

5. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    I just got home and I'm about to watch it for the 5th time:bassist:.

6. damn won't work for me because i'm not viewing from US.. any idea where else i can watch this?

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    damn, great groove.. and ain't she sexy? I always thought she's hot, but the hair needs to go... i wonder if her punani is that bushy LOL

8. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Daaaaaaaaarnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Is that Chris "Daddy" Dave on drums? This is the top of the top for me.

9. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Braylon's the man.

10. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    "Only accessible in the US"...my a**

11. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Awesome! Thanks for posting, man!

Cheers,
    Kevin

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Dang! Brother B is sho' 'nuff funky!! I dig!!

13. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    Hey comrade. Sorry about that. That's Viacoms doing :mad:. The only song from that concert that I was able to find anywhere that you would probably be able to view so far is on youtube and it's only the performace of the song "Honey". Laink http://youtube.com/results?search_query=erykah+badu+soulstage&search_type=
    Now hurry before Viacom takes down this video too :bag:.

P.S. Check back in a day or two because I might have the audio from the concert available for download if that helps.

14. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    That audience was dead.:confused:

15. That song "Annie" has even lamer lyrics than most pop music I've heard in a long time. Nice groove though. Too bad someone didn't put a little more effort into the words.

16. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I saw this last week. Brother B had 2 MM Jazzes with him. One is natural and the other is Sunburst. I love that pickup cover too. I put one on my Sadowsky. It's great to rest your wrist on while slapping. Thats why Marcus uses it.

17. Nice groove and I sure don't miss the MTD tone on her live album (which was good also)... that J is KILLING.

But.. what a lame tune... I couldn't get all the way through it, but I don't even think there was a bridge, just lame one chord 'jam'... terrible. Sounded like something just thrown together. I can see why the audience was dead.

Even that live CD she put out a while ago was more interesting for the grooves than the tunes.

18. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    They were dead through the rest of the songs too. They opened up a little at the end though. The rest of the performance is listed on the right side of the video player. I'm not too much high on "Baduizm" or the live cd tunes just the music that was put down by that band. "Mama's Gun" is the album that I'm crazy for but she didn't release a live album for that studio album though. I did have the pleasure of seeing her in concert and she performed the majority of the songs from that album. Hands down one of the best live events I've ever attended :bassist:. The end of the last song "The Healer" is nothing but wonderful bass playing.

19. The band is smokin'.

20. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    Now that you said that. I see it in the back there resting. It sounds as if he's not using the Lo Riders on this.