Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Esh Notorious II Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cingram, Oct 2, 2005.

1. cingram

cingram

Oct 2, 2005
    About a year and a half ago I bought an Esh Notorious II. It's a beautiful bass, great tone...but (call me crazy) I just really don't feel the bond with it that I know I should (read: I just don't like it that much).
    Two questions:
    1.) I heard that the particular model I have (basically, a dead ringer for a Fender Jazz...sunburst) resulted in Esh getting sued for copying out of the Fender playbook a little much. Is that true?
    2.) What're people paying for these basses (with hard case) right now? It's hard to find out online...just not that much dialogue on them. I think it's time for this bass to go and be replaced with something far more fun for me (cheap bass and a Kona Unit for all you bike nutters out there).
    Thanks.

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Is the Notorious 2 the Stingray-shaped one?
    As to what you should be selling it for, I honestly have no clue. The manufacturer, esh basses, filed bankruptcy a few months ago, and I think Thomann.de used to blow out the models they had left at ridiculous prices. Right now, the only model they have left is the Various with a single MM pickup, which they're selling for pretty much half the retail price.

http://www.thomann.de/artikel-182540.html

I think your bass's retail price was around 1000 Euros new.

Argh, I misread your post, disregard my first question. Like you said, your Notorious is the Jazz lookalike.