Esh Notorious II Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cingram, Oct 2, 2005.

1. cingram

Oct 2, 2005
    About a year and a half ago I bought an Esh Notorious II. It's a beautiful bass, great tone...but (call me crazy) I just really don't feel the bond with it that I know I should (read: I just don't like it that much).
    Two questions:
    1.) I heard that the particular model I have (basically, a dead ringer for a Fender Jazz...sunburst) resulted in Esh getting sued for copying out of the Fender playbook a little much. Is that true?
    2.) What're people paying for these basses (with hard case) right now? It's hard to find out online...just not that much dialogue on them. I think it's time for this bass to go and be replaced with something far more fun for me (cheap bass and a Kona Unit for all you bike nutters out there).
  2. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Is the Notorious 2 the Stingray-shaped one?
    As to what you should be selling it for, I honestly have no clue. The manufacturer, esh basses, filed bankruptcy a few months ago, and I think used to blow out the models they had left at ridiculous prices. Right now, the only model they have left is the Various with a single MM pickup, which they're selling for pretty much half the retail price.

I think your bass's retail price was around 1000 Euros new.

Argh, I misread your post, disregard my first question. Like you said, your Notorious is the Jazz lookalike.