Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Esh owners around the world - unite!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mara, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    No real point here, just a shout for Esh and their amazing "value for money" basses.

Gigged with my Various V last night (straight through the PA with ADGCF -tuning) and got good feedback for the sound from the engineer and the crowd, particularly about the growl we managed to put out.

How has the reaction been with you other happy Esh owners?

¤Eshtatic about my fabulous Various¤

2. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Ok, lets not...

But seriously, no happy Esh players here?

:eek:

3. wyrtti

wyrtti Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    Where'd you get your Esh? I haven't seen any here in Helsinki yet...

I'd like to try one though...looking for a new amp and bass. Or at least one of them...

Cheers!

4. awesome

awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    Belgium
    Would like to try one out but can't find a musicstore around here that carries them.
    They do look like amazing basses indeed.

5. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    I just became a dealer for ESH in the states. We got in a Notorious II and it was SO GREAT, we ordered 4 more right away!!!!! I will order a Notorious II for myself very soon.
    GEEK

6. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    When I decided I want Esh I emailed Zoltan at Esh and asked if they were going set up a distributor in Finland. He said they had some interest from Soundata but it never happened. I never tried one before I bought one. I was going the get the Hero V, but decided to go for the Various V in the end since it's not that much more expensive (it's still ridicilously cheap anyway!).

I got mine directly from the Factory. You can choose the colour, finish and pup -setup for the same price as a standard model (actually you pay little extra if you want to have a pair of MM -style pups. I decided to go with the peachtree finish and a MM -style pup in the bridge and a single J for the neck.

I did try Fender Jazz V, MTD Kingston V, MM Stingray 5, Yamaha TRB, some Ibanez and a Neuser. I really didn't like too much any of the ones I tried so I thought I'd take the plunge and go for the Various V since all the magazines had given raving reviews about them. I'm glad I did.

Thomann and Musik Produktiv sell these beauties too, but I'd talk straight to Zoltan at Esh as he's very helpfull and it's nice to "design" your own instrument.

I've had my Various for about 6 months now I and I can't stop :D ...

PS. Wyrtti, I'll let you know the date of our next gig as soon as we know when and where and you're welcome to come and check her out (and the bass too).

7. wyrtti

wyrtti Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    Mara, it sounds like you've been going through the same basses I have. I too mostly didn't get excited about those basses that you mentioned, so maybe our tastes are similar. :)

What surprised me was that I really liked the Warwick Corvette model in bubinga.

Reviews have made the Esh sound interesting. I think I will try to come to your next gig. Especially if it's withing 50 km of Helsinki. What bands do you play in currently?

8. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    I'll let you know as soon as our new www-pages are ready ( might take a while :( )

9. Well, Well... I was begining to think I was the only one here with the love for Esh! Glad to see the words is getting out. Funny, but it seems like mine and Mara's experiences with Esh were EXACTLY the same( except I got the 2 MM pickups)! I'm telling ya, anybody in the market for a new mid-priced high value bass should seriously check into this brand. Anybody in the US interested go to www.esh-usa.com and e-mail Eric there about dealers and deals, I know he has a few he needs to move to make room for the new stock- the prices he quoted me were insane, too bad I'm getting my second one *custom*!!!!

George

10. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    A second ?! Let us know how it turns out.

-Mara

11. Lessee... Stinger V with MM pickups, ebony board, 3 band EQ and a fancy finish, all for LESS than a Stingray 5?

Bag it, my man.

:D

12. Gonna try for the Various V with the burl top in trans blue with an Ebony fretboard, 2 MM pickups, no Piezo( a little too "active" for my sloppy playing style!) and an Aguilar OBP-3 !

Man, that's gonna be the ultimate Rock'n'Roll machine!!!

When I get that finished I'll probably order a fretless neck for the Various V I already have, that way I can try out the frettless thing and se if I'm cool enough to pull it off without having to get a completely new bass!!!!!