Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Esh Stinger/Joiner come here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cyklone777, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Hey where did you get those Esh pics? Those look really nice...I'd throw a 5 string set on there and tune it B/E/A/D (a la Peter Steele). Very metal indeed.

2. Joiner

Joiner

Oct 12, 2000
    I got the picture from a thread in here. Looks pretty ****ing amazing, doesn`t it.

I love the bass, but if you really want one for Metal, I would really take the real gothic, because it has the best Metal Pickups I´ve ever thought of.

Of course, you can throw a five string set on it and tune it B-E-A-D. But the price increase for the five string isn`t that huge (I belive only 100 Dollars), if you want the string spacing of a four string, it costs another 50 (and that is really recommended).

I have the Stinger in complete black, what means - Black Headstock, Ebony Fingerboard (50 Dollars additional), real gothic.

Looks and play amazingly !
    Best regards,

David

3. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I havent found any place in New England that carries Esh. I've been drooling over that Gothic for months now. Esh is German and needs better distribution in the US. If anyone finds one please post it here!!!!!

4. Joiner

Joiner

Oct 12, 2000
    Maybe, just to give you a hint about how an esh bass plays and feels:
    Take the Sadowsky Playability, and Add the Real Gothic Feel !

5. Do you have a 4 string? What do you tune it to?

6. Another ?, do you have to order direct from them? I live in New Hampshire and there's probably no stores in New England that carries Esh. Cuz that will most likely be my next bass, if I can find out how to order one.

7. Joiner

Joiner

Oct 12, 2000
    Hi,

no, I own a five string. Specs are as follows:

5 String Stinger, Ash Body, Black, Real Gothic, 2 Kent Armstrong ESVG Humbuckers, Maple Neck / Eboney Fingerboard, 19mm String Spacing (Approx. 4-String Spacing), Black Headstock with white ESH Logo.

I tune it B-E-A-D-G.

I think you can tune the 4-String B-E-A-D !

The basses can be ordered thru ESH directly, try to Contact Zoltan Narray: zoltan@esh-basses.com.

Or visit the US-Page: www.eshusa.com

Best regards,
    David

8. I'm thinking about getting a 5 string now, just because it would be easier since you don't have to modify it in any way. Definitely considering ordering one. Thanx for all the help.