Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Esh-Tronics ... testing?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Well, this friend of mine, used to be the bassplayer of a touring band, has this old, Esh Bass (Stinger V Real Gothic) which was his tour bass so it has been a little abused.

Seems to be a nice bass, it has Kent Armstrong Jazz Pups but it has absolutely no sound... not even that "connected" electrical static. :(

The pots seem to have had their time already, 2 of them dont spin anymore...

everything seems connected (I dont know much about electronics) Can anyone give me some pointers what to look for?

Could the pups be dead? could it be just the dead pots?
    I just wanted to be able to identify which parts are dead so I coult take a guess at how much i'd be looking at to get it fixed...

2. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Does it have a preamp? If so did you check the battery?
    In a worse case scenario, you would need to change the pickups and the wiring and thats less than $150. If you like the bass, why not go for it?

3. it does have a preamp. I've checked the battery, no difference.