Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eshenbaugh 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This one isn't mine, but it's the one I played at Friday's gig. This one is buckeye burl, maple set neck with buckeye burl strips, rosewood board, and it weighs about 7.5 lbs. The headstock is unusual, but it add to the appeal for me. Mark Eshenbaugh worked for Carl Thompsom for a number of years, and Carl gave Mark his blessings after seeing his first prototype.

2. hey wood
    i dunno, i kinda really like the headstock and top horn, they're different and a bit 'out there', but as for the rest of the body, a bit boring!, probly sounds great.....but as looks go, i'm only feeling the top horn and headstock, Just My opinion!.

take a look down at my post "pics of my new 5'er", tell me what u think

*Si*

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I really really REALLY like the body shape. Not to hip on the headstock, but that is once killer looking body, and body shape. If it's a CT junior (figuratively), then I'd love to try one. I think it'd look hella cool, thrashing around onstage with one...

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Here's the back.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
  6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    so can you use the headstock as a bottle opener? wow, great looking woods, and a cool design, but I don't think that is something I would ever use....

P@

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    This isn't his only body style, but it's what the owner asked for, and he offers a smaller headstock.

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i think the headstock is sorta reminiscent of tobias. i dig it, though it is a little large. maybe like a big ol' bug. :D

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    "A big ol' bug"?! LOL!!!:D

10. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Does Mark Eshenbaugh (?) have a website. I couldn't find one.

Does it sound anything like like a Carl Thompson?

11. DeepBlueBass

DeepBlueBass

Apr 28, 2000
    Dallas TX
    I like it. I have to dissagree with Si-Bob, I think it looks elegant, and after looking at his new five, seeing as how some people thought it was a simple Ibenez, I have to say I think that his is more plain and simple looking than yours.

Nice front wood too. But the back wher ethe neck changes I'd have liked to see that go all the way up. Over all I like tha looks but would have to play it.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Thanks. I'd have to let Dave Siff play it so that he could compare them, because I've never played a CT. This bass sounds great.
    DBB: Mine will have a quilted walnut top, but a toally different body style. Mark's working on a web site, and he's putting together a catalog. If you want his number it's (864)879-1789. He usually emails pics.

13. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Woodchuck,

When's your next gig in Atlanta? I want to hear that lovely bass in action some time.

I just realized that a lot of people on Talkbass are from here.

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Yeah, there are a lot of ATLiens on here. :)