Eshenbaugh 7 for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Eshenbass, Jul 29, 2003.

1. 1st off, THIS IS A USED BASS!

That being said, I am the builder, and it has been 'factory reconditioned' so to speak, if you can call my small shop a factory.

Mahogany body
    Flame maple top
    Matching headstock
    Bubinga fingerboard
    Satin polyurethane finish
    Tung oil fingerboard finish
    Hipshot tuners
    Brass knobs
    Hand carved bubinga bridge (adjs. for height and intonation via threaded brass saddle inserts)
    7-string Music-Man pickup custom made by Kent Armstrong
    Bubinga pickup cover
    Aguilar OBP-3 preamp
    Preamp bypass switch
    3 pos. midrange freq. switch
    series/single/parallel switch (this is a one pickup bass, so the single mode will hum)
    Dunlop Straplocks (dual placement on upper horn for different stand-up configurations)
    Magnetic back plate
    Strings thru-body
    Brass nut
    Dual truss rod adj.

THIS BASS WEIGHS 6.5 lbs.!

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

I really wish I could keep it. It has a really nice loud acoustic tone and plays great, I am relly just a 5 and 6 guy myself. Previous owner had health problems that precluded his bass playing. Does anyone think a soundbite may help?
    Bass ships with Eshenbaugh custom leather gig bag by Levy's, Eshenbaugh Guitars leather strap with Straplocks, Reconditioned Instrument Limited Warranty Card, Truss rod adjustment tool, and electronics/string height/intonation instructuions.

Used Price Shipped: 2999.95 OBO
    Original List: 4183.99
    I accept Visaand Mastercard for phone Transactions, Paypal for internet, Check, Money Order, Cash, Stocks, Pigs...
    Bass ships upon receipt of payment and/or cleared check. Any questions or request for further info can be posted here or directed to
  2. BTW, there is also bubinga binding.

All photos by JRBrown.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's a beautiful instrument. good luck in moving it :).
  4. Thanks, JT, I figured of all people you'd like to see another good 7. Hey If you know any other 7-slingers, put in a good word for it...
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wow! I wish I could afford that bass!
  6. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Oh my God I think my heart skipped a beat. SO beautiful.

Someday I gotta have you make me one like that in a 5 string version.

What a work of art!
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    That Brado is hot stuff. One string over my limit though.
  8. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    if that was a 4, i'd be all over it. Beautiful craftsmanship. Good luck too!
  9. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Throw in a week with JT and I will consider it. That is a beautiful piece.

10. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    What a hunk!

Believe me guys and gals..I've had the opportunity to see and play (well, try to play) it and the thing is WAY better in person..Thin and LIGHT..

11. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Looks sweet.

Is the control cover held on strictly my magnetic means? And does that, in any way, affect the preamp?

12. I get asked that alot about the magnets, and so far I have not experienced any interference. To quote Phil Ouelette, Head Design Engineer at P.R.O. Sound Technologies and Senior Electronics Engineer for Mettler-Toledo,
    "...A static magnetic field, not being in motion, should present no variation in flux over time in relation to the pickup housing, operational amplifier, or harness components, which also should be mounted as solidly as possible..."

In short, if the magnets were loose, the motion in the field they generate might be picked up by the pickups or the electronics. The field itself is not powerful enough to adversely affect the preamp itself.

BTW, I can work out a payment plan arrangement for any interested parties who don't have large sums of ready cash, like most of us.
  13. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks. That definitely answers my second question.
  14. Sorry, the answer to your first question is ...ahem... Yes.
  15. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Cool. Gracias. :cool:
  16. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    good gracious...

i'd pick that gem in a heartbeat, if my chops could ever justify a purchase of such a beauty... :( :meh:

like Van said, like a work of art.
  17. Well, it does sorta kind of make me want to practice a whole lot...
  18. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Hey Esh, was there a reason (other than just weight) you made the body of that beauty so thin? How does it affect the resonance? It looks like you make the bodies pretty big compared to "normal" (whatever that is) - how does that affect the tone? Is that why people say you got the hugest booty? :D
  19. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    FYI Dingwall also uses magnets to retain his battery compartment cover.
  20. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    What is the string spacing at the brigde? Also the neck width at the nut and last fret. Thank you.