Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eshenbaugh basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Turski, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Does anybody have any info or own a Eshenbaugh basses? Or pictures of the basses they own?

I'm looking into a possible new purchase of a J series and I don't have that much information on them!
    Anyone with any positive input would be greatly appreciated!

One more thing (sorry Jay but I have to ask) Has anyone had any troubles with Blueberryhillbass in the past?

(Mark Eshenbaugh, if you read this and have any more info me, please PM me)

Thanks to anyone who gives me more info!!

Joe Turski :)

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Joe,
    There are a couple of guys here at TB who have Eshenbaughs. In fact, one is the same person who owns one of the 5-string J Series basses featured on Mark's site (and has a photo of the bass in his avatar), and another has a single-cut under way. As for checking me out...no apologies necessary! :D ;) I like to think I'm a pretty good guy, but you should feel comfortable with the person you're working with, so feel free to take your time and ask around. ;)

3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Thanks man I sent you a PM :)

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I'll be the uncool one and stand up for JPJ and say he's ok to deal with ........you won't have any problem with Jay. :D

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Thanks for you opinion..It helps a lot!!
    I hate to ask questions like that......but you can never be to sure! :cool:

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    No problem, I totally understand!

7. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Jay's a new dealer, but all indicators show that he's a stand-up guy. I'm sure he'll treat you right!

8. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Thanks for your input, I believe Jay has got my trust now! :)

9. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Awl shucks! You guys are making me blush!!!!

:D

10. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    From the looks of your avatar you need to exhale!!:p

11. Adrenaline

Adrenaline

Sep 13, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Jay is currently helping me settle in on a great bass. I have to say that as a beginner he has been a great help to me because there is alot of education involved. He seems to have been straitforward with me and real interested in hooking me up with a compatable instrument. He also has been reliable and very patient with me as I bombard him with questions like most newcomers would. Not many people give beginners the time of day so this means alot. Most people are like "Just make a purchase or get out of my way"

12. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
  13. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I'll chime in.
    I personally have owned 2 of them. The Cherry Brado 5 below
    [​IMG]
    and this one in progress.
    [​IMG]

Now, I don't work for Mark, or anything like that. I'm just a very happy customer. Mark has been kind enought to let me come into his shop and do a little work, and see how the process goes. I've actually done a little sanding on the single-cut above. Its tough to see, but the little details he puts into his work are incredible.

The first time I played one was at Guitar Center here in Atlanta. It was a fretless Black Forest 5. When I first saw it, I said "wow, that looks similar to a Carl Thompson" (sorry Mark, had to say it). Turns out Mr. Eshenbaugh did some work for the man himself, which also turned me on since I've always wanted a CT. I picked it up and fell in love. Now I'm no fretles player by any means, but this thing played itself. I think went back a few weeks later and there was a fretted Brado 5. This is where I fell in love. Once again it played itself and was super comfortable.

So I got his number. Made a few phone calls and next thing I know, I have the Cherry bass in progress. Mark is always more than happy to answer questions, offer ideas, etc on a custom project.

In all honesty, the price you'll pay for an Eshenbaugh is really low for the craftsmanship you get. I've heard a couple of people say that 5k Fodera's arent as nice. :D :D :D

I just sent Mark an IM so hopefully he'll chime in here soon with more info.

Hope this helps
    Tommy

14. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    You better believe it...and at 1/3 to 1/2 that price, too! :D Pretty great deal, in my opinion.