Eshenbaugh Black Forest SC5 - Ebony

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SoyBase, Nov 3, 2004.

1. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Okay, the pics I have are from Luthiers Access Group. I had the bass sent up there before I took delivery to try and sell it. To no avail, I had it sent back to Mark, cleaned up and given the a-okay. Its now in my possesion and before I take it to Atlanta Bass Gallery to sell, I want to try it here. This bass is new, minus it being for sale at the dealer for a couple of months and shown at NAMM.

Here are the specs:
    Body: Madagascar Ebony top and back, Mahogany core, Flame Maple back center stripe, light wood (forgot the kind) laminates.
    Neck: Maple/Mahogany stripes.
    Fretboard: Brazilian Ebony with Flame Maple binding, abolone side markers.
    Pickups: Custom wound ceramic Kent Armstrong humbuckers, Gaboon ebony covers
    Electronics: Custom 3 band pre-amp (Super transparent) with Series/Single/Parallel toggle switches.

This thing plays and sounds amazing (kind of a woody, Warwick like tone), but finances, band break ups, and lack of 5-string usage are making me sell it.

The pics don't do this thing justice, but the attention to detail is top notch. Definitely up there with some of the very high end basses.

$3000 O.B.O. (Please, no low-ballers or trades)

I will try and have better pics up of this bad boy soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    bump for a beautiful bass.
  3. -Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    This truly is an awsome bass. I was able to play it while Mark had it in his shop and it plays like a dream. And it must be stated that the pictures do not do it justice, at all.
    bump for an awsome bass.

4. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks for the replies!

If you have an offer you'd like to throw out, shoot me a PM and we can discuss!

I'll try and get pics up ASAP. I need to use the moms camera and she's been using it to take grand-baby pictures so you know how that goes :)

5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    No offer here, but I'll vouch for that bass. I played it at Luthiers Access Group once or twice and thought it was a fantastic bass! Mark really does nice work.:D
  6. josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    dude, excellent looking bass. does it have enough wood on it tho...?
    seriously, could you tell me 1) scale length 2) string spacing at bridge / nut and 3) are the pickups passive- is there a passive tone control - it would seem a shame to let all that woody tone go to waste with a purely active setup..?
  7. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    There can never be too much wood in a bass! :D
    Its 35" scale, active electronics. The pre is super transparent so with it set flat, i would think its as close as you can get.

I don't have the bass handy right now, but the string spacing is really close to my stingray 5, with a little more spacing at the nut, but a little wider at the bridge (close to 3/4", I'd say).

I tell you, the woody tone is all there. Its like a Warwick kind of woody, but on steroids!