Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eshenbaugh Opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by .matthew e wengerd., Mar 24, 2005.

1. It looks like I may be approaching Jay for an Eshenbaugh in the near future. I haven't heard a single bad thing about Mark's basses and consider that a good thing. My question is: does anyone here have (or have you had) any concerns or problems with an Eshebaugh bass? I'm not looking for libel here, just honest opinions. If no one has anything but good to say, all the better.

It's been a while since I played an Eshenbaugh...probably one of the earlier brados. Thoughts on the floating bridge? Any thoughts, caveats, or suggestions? Thanks!

2. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I have nothing but positive to say about either Mark or his basses...they are really phenominal instruments. I have a second one on order right now...alder body, pink ivorywood top :eek: , birdseye maple board, Nordstrand dual coils, 3 band pre, etc.
    I would recommend that you specify banjo frets...I have them on my bass, and cannot recommend them more.
    Good luck!

3. Either have a "transitional" bridge?

4. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    For the price and craftsmanship, you can't go wrong. I'm on my second one and the things are uber comfortable and sound incredible. I've played a few super high end basses, and his compare quite favorably at more than half the price...

Mark is a super cool cat. He let me come up to his shop and help sand my own bass and taught me a thing or 2 about building. I don't think many luthiers would let you do that!

5. Anyone have any Eshenbaugh pictures which have yet to be posted on TBEB?

6. Well, my former bass is being shipped off today from a great eBay sale this week. I'm already talking to Jay at BlueberryHill about an Eshenbaugh!

My biggest questions are others' opinions on the transition/floating bridge and the electronics you have in your Eshenbaugh (you meaning anyone who owns or has owned an Eshenbaugh). Thanks!

7. ................bump................

8. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
  9. I've seen that one. In fact, the picture of the back is my desktop at work. I'm thinking of having Mark cut that shape instead of his new SC shape for mine.