1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Esoteria of the Day: Gib SG vs Epi elite eb3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnp352, Mar 14, 2013.

1. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    Looking for even more thud, so some questions that only a few denizens of TB would know the answer to.

1) Has anyone here tried/owned etc the Epi Elite..Eliter...Elitest, .the Japanese one that was out a while back? yes, that's you? YEA! go to #2

2) After you sold it/didn't buy it/put it under your bed..did you play or buy etcetc a newer Gibson SG eb3? Yes? We hazz a winna! Continue please.

3) How did (do) they compare?
    a) Same TB pickup(s)..or are they?
    b) neck the same, playability, weight, etc?
    c) what was obviously different?

I have been presented with an odd choice- a faded SG or a 10 year old Epi Elitist, both through the USPS, I can't play either beforehand.. I have played a Gibson, and there's nothing that a few $100's improvements wouldn't do to make that a good one. I haven't played the much yapped about Epi Elite..none around here, obviously. Price on these two is about th esame.

If you had to chose, which one? I do not care about resale value btw, take that out of the equation. .. or is this simply 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the otter?

2. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I own both.

Gibson hands down.

3. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    AHA! that didn't take long, thanks. How come?