For Sale ESP 5 String Quilted maple top jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by buckangus, Mar 2, 2017.

1. buckangus

buckangus Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    kansas city area
    Price:
    Strings:
    BRAND NEW -- MINT! Never played outside my home -- DISCLAIMER -- I contacted the factory in California and they told me it was made in their custom shop but others have disputed this so we'll take their word for it -- made in Japan by their master builders -- see through black quilted maple top 5 string jazz bass with maple neck - rosewood fingerboard ; ESP E-11 J-5 Retails well over $2700. Please don't confuse with the lower end Asian created basses-- this is true ESP master craftsman quality -- if it's not custom shop, it sure comes damn close to it -- lots of upgrades. eBay has them with a cheap amp for $1700. Ash body; seymour duncan pickups; 9 volt seymour duncan preamp with an ingenious way of changing the battery (flip over); gotoh bridge and tuners. These are some of the best Japan craftsmen can do. ESP is also a custom builder for other companies such as Lakland Shore Line basses on the order of their own USA quality. This bass has all upgrades mentioned above; Gotoh, Seymour Duncan; etc. Has volume, blend, bass, treble controls. Since it's ash body it's a bit heavier but the lightest of the one's I've bought. It's a 2013 model but has been at the ESP California warehouse for these past few years and they have decided to sell them to move on to other basses. Again, you won't find this quality for the price with all the upgrades. Comes with $159 ESP Hardshell case. Will deliver in the KC area.

From their website:

The new ESP E-II J-5 QM Quilted Maple See Thru black bass guitar features: Bolt-On Construc1on 34-35" Scale Chambered Ash Body Quilted Maple Top -- Maple Neck--Rosewood Fingerboard -- Thin U Neck Contour 21 XJ Frets Chrome Hardware Gotoh Bridge Seymour Duncan SJB-1b(B)SJB-1(N) p.u. ESP KH-1 Active 2-Band EQ (treble - bass) DSCF1341.JPG DSCF1342.JPG DSCF1343.JPG DSCF1344.JPG DSCF1345.JPG DSCF1340.JPG

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    So this is 34" or 35" scale? Not sure from your post

seang15 likes this.
  3. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
  4. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    The E-II's ate not custom shop, E-II is the new name for the standard line. Screenshot_20170305-143359.png

5. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Lacey, NJ
    These basses are phenomenal. I just picked up the one on here for 700 bucks with the orange flame maple. I looked down on esp basses and only played peavey and Lakland. I picked this up and was blown away by the tone. 35 that feels like a 34. Japanese made in their Tokyo facility. Opened my eyes to even the cheaper ltd esp basses. At a grand this is a great buy.

6. buckangus

buckangus Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    kansas city area
    Yes, the 5 strings are 35 inch scale. I contacted ESP factory in California to verify they do have graphite rods in the neck and they are made in their custom shop; so not sure where the other information derived. I just know what they told me... thanks!

seang15 likes this.
  7. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    conversation sent

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021