1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale ESP B-4 w/bubinga top, Aguilar pups + pre, OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by J Neck Peabody, Oct 17, 2020.

1. J Neck Peabody

J Neck Peabody Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Price:
    $500
    Strings:
    United States
    Pristine ESP LTD B-4 with a rare matching bubinga burl top and headstock cap. At the time the standard was an ebony top but a limited run was done w/bubinga and sent to "certain shops". The wings are mahogany with a 34", 5-piece maple and rosewood through-neck w/ebony board. I found this at Gelb Music in Redwood City, CA. I had the electronics upgraded to Aguilar pups and OBP-3 preamp and a matching bubinga thumb rest added inline with the tops of the pups. It has fast, slime neck, very jazz-like. Has always had high quality flats on it. The only time it's been out of the house was when we moved. Has the original ESP hardcase in very good shape. Just a hair over 8 1/2 lbs. I've gone 100% short scale so even this one has to go. $500 shipped CONUS paid via Paypal.

Attached Files:

Dincrest and berman3313 like this.
  2. ccouch7

ccouch7

Feb 14, 2009
    Hey, what is the nut width on this? Thanks.

3. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    Behind you!
    Current B-4's have a 40mm nut width according to ESP's website. I assume previous models, like this one, fall in and around that as well.

I love me a good ESP/LTD bass (my main is a modded LTD) and this one has some very nice mods. I'm not currently in the market for a new (to me) instrument or I'd have jumped on it.

GLWTS.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020