Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ESP B1 BASSES

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Macbeth56, Mar 17, 2006.

1. I have yet been able to find or play one of these basses. I love the way they look, and I love music man pickups. What is everyone elses thought on these, for the people who have played or heard them.

2. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I've seen some real ESP ones pop up on ebay, not just the LTD, never when I have enough money to buy one.

My band played with a band where the bass player had one and I talked to him about it, he was very happy with it, and he played with a Sansamp into a 200 watt SS power amp, and an SWR 6x10 and 1x18, he moved a lot of air and it was loud enough to keep up with the rest of a loud band, and it sounded sick. It was a good modified MM tone.

3. MunecaMunoz

MunecaMunoz

Sep 19, 2012
    I have a b1 bass, there very hard to come by. They are no longer in production but i have one for sale.

4. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    If it's the bass I'm thinking of, I used to own one. Does it have a Duncan Musicman pickup and preamp? ESP Custom Shop?

I loved the one I had. The neck was superb and playability was fantastic. It has a short upper horn, so neck dive was a problem as was the reach to first position. I paid under $400 for mine and the quality was up there with basses that cost a couple thousand.

I have an ESP Vintage 4 now and it's just as nice as all the Sadowsky Metros that I've owned. ESPs rock!

Michael