1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Esp B305 or Ibanez SR 5 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kguyty, Jul 30, 2002.

1. What's up guys and gals? I am just wondering which bass you would choose out of these two, the ibanez being any higher end SR five, I just can't remember all the numbers that go after the name... anyways, any information would be helpful.. I am looking to play some hard rock, so whichever would be best for that...

Thanks

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I've never much cared for Ibanez, but I've handled a few. I play a B-305 these days and have been happy with it.

I'd say the B-305 may be heavier because of the woods they use. It will also have a tighter string spacing down near the bridge (maybe 1/2" to 5/8"), while I believe Ibanez stays near the more common 3/4". I suspect the Ibanez neck will be smaller from front-to-back up near the nut. They always felt a little fragile to me. I suspect the ESP will have a darker sound than the Ibanez.

3. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    i dont know bout the esp, but i would go with any of the 2......

also try some yamaha, they make some good 5 stringers......

4. Rocker74

Rocker74

Aug 1, 2002
    I vote for the ESP. I have not played any of the higher end SR model Ibanez basses, but I have played the SR405. The B string was way too loose on the one I played. I did however use to own an LTD B305, and even though it was still a 34" scale like the Ibanez, it had a nice tight B. It is also a neck-thru design which I prefer.