Esp B305 or Ibanez SR 5 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kguyty, Jul 30, 2002.

1. What's up guys and gals? I am just wondering which bass you would choose out of these two, the ibanez being any higher end SR five, I just can't remember all the numbers that go after the name... anyways, any information would be helpful.. I am looking to play some hard rock, so whichever would be best for that...

2. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I've never much cared for Ibanez, but I've handled a few. I play a B-305 these days and have been happy with it.

I'd say the B-305 may be heavier because of the woods they use. It will also have a tighter string spacing down near the bridge (maybe 1/2" to 5/8"), while I believe Ibanez stays near the more common 3/4". I suspect the Ibanez neck will be smaller from front-to-back up near the nut. They always felt a little fragile to me. I suspect the ESP will have a darker sound than the Ibanez.
  3. Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    i dont know bout the esp, but i would go with any of the 2......

also try some yamaha, they make some good 5 stringers......
  4. Rocker74

Aug 1, 2002
    I vote for the ESP. I have not played any of the higher end SR model Ibanez basses, but I have played the SR405. The B string was way too loose on the one I played. I did however use to own an LTD B305, and even though it was still a 34" scale like the Ibanez, it had a nice tight B. It is also a neck-thru design which I prefer.