Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ESP basses any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soapbox Prophet, May 18, 2001.

1. hello,
    I was considering purchasing an ESP B-304 or a Fender Deluxe P-Bass Special and i was curious.....which bass is of better quality, i like the look, feel and sound of both basses, but which would need less service.... I play in a hardcore/metal band and i need something that won't get messed up easily or get out of tune from playing hard. I know that fender basses are of really good quality, and ESP makes some bad ass guitars, but does this quality carry over to their bass series? alright thanks!

Chris Murray

2. You Can't go wrong with the fender, if you take care of it your grandkids can jam with it and the sound just keeps geeting better, I have a 62 jazz and it sounds better than my brand new one, Any way's get the fender.

3. I would personally say go with the ESP. I own one and i have used it before for metal music and in corispondence with my stage acrobatics. It really holds up well, it can take a real beating and i haven't had any tuning problems still.